Rockport VS John Brothers Custom Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rite

Skilled
Hi

I want to know which shoes formal dress shoes that is, preferably black leather would be better?

Rockport
I currently have one and they cost me Rs.8000.
Most of their formal shoes are like 7-8k and the max around 9k or so I think.

John Brothers Custom Shoes in CP
Usually around 5-10k

My budget is like 5-10k max, and I don't want cheap stuff like Aldo or Shoe Tree. I would appreciate spending around 6-8k if possible, slightly more/less if required. Please don't advise me Woodland or Aldo. Nor Tommy because tommy isn't that formal.

Sadly, most high end shoes aren't in my budget, like Boss or Zegna. Hence perhaps John Brothers may be good.

However, my Rockport currently is nearly perfect, and I would like to know if John Brothers at the same price point would be significantly better in terms of softness, comfort, quality, looks etc or not!

Thanks!

Try Bata !!! They can see you through the monsoons! Why are all your threads such attention seeking, chest thumping, bragging about some crap which no one gives a flying **** about?

LMAO at the replies!!! :rofl:

sunny27 said:
Try Bata !!! They can see you through the monsoons! Why are all your threads such attention seeking, chest thumping, bragging about some crap which no one gives a flying **** about?

The word you're looking for is "condescending" :D

I want the best I can afford to buy. Rockport is good and I don't know how John Brothers will be but it is at least custom made. I want to know which of the two is better. As simple as that.

This is a poor man's forum. We don't know what you are talking about. We make do with 300 bucks palika shoes and Bata/Liberty for special occasions.

rite said:
I want the best I can afford to buy. Rockport is good and I don't know how John Brothers will be but it is at least custom made. I want to know which of the two is better. As simple as that.

Is it that simple, really?
rite said:
Come on guys, somebody must have tried John Brothers sometime in his life? :(

Why would you assume that? On what basis?

no i haven't heard of them --- but they sound like boy bands!!! if you want the best for yourself and can afford to spend anything - why don't you give jimmy choo a try - he can measure your feet and then design you some hideously ugly pair of shoes and then get away by charging a fortune for it!

I can't afford Jimmy Choo because they would probably charge 15-25k and my budget is like half of that from the lower number, so not even half of be exact.

Bluffmaster said:
Thats going over the line man, edit please. :p

Not really, for rite's high standard's nothing else would do.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rite said:
I can't afford Jimmy Choo because they would probably charge 15-25k and my budget is like half of that from the lower number, so not even half of be exact.

Then, maybe you should pucker up, and buy them when you can afford them. rite?

Nope. I dunno when that would be. I am happy with sub 9-10k(max max) shoes and don't find anything wrong with Rockport. Just want to know if John Brothers would beat them at the same price point or not :)

rite said:
Nope. I dunno when that would be. I am happy with sub 9-10k(max max) shoes and don't find anything wrong with Rockport. Just want to know if John Brothers would beat them at the same price point or not :)

They are shoes, dude, shoes!! If they matter to you that much and which is apparent as you starting a thread here even when knowing that this forum has a major percentage of people who are not in your income group, now this I would assume that you would calculate, based on your previous posts.

So... you are asking for a solution that you already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back