Adani group, an Evil corp?

Feb 5th,
... He'll be given enough time to cover his tracks before announcing a special investigation. ...
Jan 31st,
... 'A' will be given a slap on the wrist and he'll remain in business. Current ghotala will be remembered as just some price corrections for 'A' shares. ....

cry-sad.gif

Getting back on the saddle, in just six months :)

The effort is a significant test of whether global credit lines will open up to the company again after US shortseller Hindenburg accused the Adani Group of widespread corporate malfeasance in January. Adani has denied the allegations.
If the plan moves ahead, it would be the latest sign of the conglomerate returning to business-as-usual after months of damage control following Hindenburg’s scathing broadside that at one point shaved off over $150 billion from the company’s stocks.
A panel of experts appointed by the India’s Supreme Court also said in a report last month that there’s no regulatory failure or wrongdoing behind the wild swings of Adani stocks. Still, another verdict is expected from the India’s securities watchdog in August after finishing its probe into the shortseller’s allegations against Adani Group.

And don't people wish they'd bought shares when they were cheaper knowing things were going to be alright after

not me, i dont mess with dubious shite.
Getting back on the saddle, in just six months :)

this is not getting back on the saddle, this is accepting that they cant pay back as per current timelines/conditions and asking for extensions..

Last edited:
@blr_p
> The price did go up and predictably

Price went up from extreme lows. Group company share prices are still very low from their quickly achieved peek compared to when Adani was declared richest.

So basically the A's and the A's get a clean chit and have the green signal to borrow and default more while the common man pays for their misgivings..

They are the true OG's!!!
That is your opinion and not mentioned anywhere in the article. You made up your mind Adani is guilty. Why?

This is going to be a debatable topic. Clearing the backlog of defaulters and having a bankruptcy code as brought in by this govt was needed. Where it leads to has to be managed.

The one good thing about not having an activist RBI chairperson is things just work. The present person has no background in economics proving such a qualification isn't even necessary.

The reason the economy contracted is laid at the stubbornness of Raghuram Rajan to not reduce interest rates rather than notes ban which is a favourite reason among some

The govt was working to reduce the fiscal deficit, it needed cooperation from the RBI. At the time none came.
@blr_p
> The price did go up and predictably

Price went up from extreme lows. Group company share prices are still very low from their quickly achieved peek compared to when Adani was declared richest.
Raincheck. A year after this stunt got pulled, you will see where they will be

Last edited:
Adani Total Gas - 4000 to 654.25 and still at P/E ratio of 131.64.

1686759527080.png

Adani Transmission - 4236 to 808.85. 76 P/E

1686759703889.png

Adani Green - 2572 to 955.40. 176.60 P/E
1686759824565.png

whats your call?
Sorry to intrude. I'd like to share my thoughts. It seems that the stock prices are expected to crash. What we are witnessing might be a temporary recovery in some of their stocks, often referred to as a "dead cat bounce." However, there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm surrounding their stock at the moment. When a stock experiences a rapid decline like this, it typically hits a new low after a slight rebound. In this case, the group's debt is rapidly increasing, and they are resorting to selling equity or raising new debt to repay old debt. This approach is not sustainable in the long term.

Last edited:
Check the group's peak share prices around Jan-Feb 2020 and how it shot up multi-fold.
Probably, after crashing to certain levels, share prices may shoot up again.
But, those who lost tremendous amount of money in between may have to 'hold the bag' for ever.

Last edited:
That is your opinion and not mentioned anywhere in the article. You made up your mind Adani is guilty. Why
I have family members who work in the govt so they know how the govt works inside out. So yes, not everything shared in the media is accurate.

Just to give you a perspective, my uncle got a call from the PIB publication which manages Yojana/Kurukshetra. He was asked to write articles about govt policies. Their only criteria was to tow the govt line at all costs else there will be consequences. He declined.

So yes, there is window dressing everywhere and this is just one of the situations. I am, anyday, going to rely on a person who works in the govt instead of relying wholely on media based.
But that is your opinion to believe what you want to.

I have more to share on the adani issue but don't want them to be targets of CBI/ed!!

Last edited:
> SIx months in they have amounted to nothing. What do you think?

When the case is ongoing, making presumptions will not be practical. And acting Adani is right and Hindenburg is wrong will not be right idea. Especially considering there is case in USA also ?

What if an alternate reality get outed, which is not expected.
What if information by Hindenburg is partially true ?

Don't have high hopes here, becuase the same modus operandi deployed Adani might be exploited by many others in Indian market and it will be a murky exposure if Adani is put on hook.

Back