Adani group, an Evil corp?

Pyception

Disciple
Hindenburgre publisted paper on adani group stock manipulation. I think we all Indian have fairly good idea about the corruption in Indian ecosystem (be political or general concession). What I would really want to know how you perceive this news and really don't want to fight over ruling party ideology.

Below is link to research
paper. https://hindenburgresearch.com/adani/

My take-
1.Adani group is a major holding of India's critical resouces like coal mining, airport projects unlike other software/retail like business.
2. Adani group is real benefactor of current govt. and they know and leverage every loopholes in the system.
3. The exponentially growth of Adani group in the last 5-10 year without any major/visible business prospects.

YouTube is having a field day scare mongering. Tomorrow we could witness a blood bath.

Coming back to topic. Adani already had a few red flags from unprecedented growth from pumping the stock to running multiple big companies worth billions like a small lala bijness.

How many reports have this so-called Hindendberg been correct on? Any?

So we have a fictitious report that leads to a loss for the Adani group.

Some people abroad don't like a rising India. Must keep India down. Topple Modi.

That is the theme for this year. It's an election year and India chairs the SCO & G20.

A good time to embarrass India because they want a submissive India that does their bidding.

China would like to split us from the west and the west would like to split us from Russia. One two punch. More are coming. Brace for it.

Know what's going on ;)

Last edited:
YouTube is having a field day scare mongering. Tomorrow we could witness a blood bath.

Coming back to topic. Adani already had a few red flags from unprecedented growth from pumping the stock to running multiple big companies worth billions like a small lala bijness.
Quote by Isaac Newton: “What goes up must come down.”

Good things will not last forever.

How many reports have this so-called Hindendberg been correct on? Any?

So we have a fictitious report that leads to a loss for the Adani group.

Some people abroad don't like a rising India. Must keep India down. Topple Modi.

That is the theme for this year. It's an election year and India chairs the SCO & G20.

A good time to embarrass India because they want a submissive India that does their bidding.

China would like to split us from the west and the west would like to split us from Russia. One two punch. More are coming. Brace for it.

Know what's going on ;)
You can take a look at their list of other firms they have called out pretty easily: https://hindenburgresearch.com/
Notably, they called out Nikola in 2020, and about a year later the company was indeed found to be a fraud. Make your own judgements folks!

You can take a look at their list of other firms they have called out pretty easily: https://hindenburgresearch.com/
Notably, they called out Nikola in 2020, and about a year later the company was indeed found to be a fraud. Make your own judgements folks!
You quote the one out of six they were right on. Make your own judgements folks!

BBC knows more than Supreme court of India

Hindenberg knows more than govt auditors and the ED of India.

Don't you see the pattern?

Last edited:
What I would really want to know how you perceive this news
There is crony capitalism, politics - domestic and international involved. While the report may be right on many of its claims, why they chose to pursue this issue now is a question worth asking.
It was not like people in Indian markets did not know that Adani was fudging his books and pumping his stock. Despite being multi-baggers not a single mutual fund worth its name held any Adani equity.

Let me put this in a simple way, by betting against Adani, you are betting against Govt of India. Nobody starts a company one day and gets government contracts on the next, In India. Man started 100s of companies in Gujarat and UK in past 3 years.

Leverage & debt only become an issue when they cannot be serviced. If he is being used as a tool to bypass India's cancerous bureaucracy and his companies are actually profitable, then we have nothing to worry about. If he is laundering money for politicians and running a pyramid scheme then we are all screwed. Whether it is a good investment or a horrible nightmare, for the country and investors, only time can tell.

Last edited:
While the report may be right on many of its claims, why they chose to pursue this issue now is a question worth asking.
It was not like people in Indian markets did not know that Adani was fudging his books and pumping his stock. Despite being multi-baggers not a single mutual fund worth its name held any Adani equity.
The intent is to create FUD about investing in India.

India will be the fastest growing country this decade. Is that the case elsewhere? no. Their economies are all in a funk due to Covid and stupid policies after.

India's inflation presently is less than that of the US. I cannot remember any time in the past that was the case.

So there are entities that would like to arrest this growth. Options are many. Civil unrest via tool kit social media campaigns, disinformation even border skirmishes. Oh yeah, nothing like people fearing a conflict and pulling money out.

Which countries have a larger GDP than us today? Germany, Japan, China & US

Germany & Japan were rebuilt with western support and benefitted from a peace dividend of over 70 years. India had neither. At independence, we had two adversaries on our border and fought numerous wars since.

China too was propped up by the west for over forty years and also benefitted from a peace dividend of over forty years

Yet here we are and we got here with nobody's support. So India's growth is unstoppable or maybe it isn't if the right combination of forces can be brought to bear

I'm amused. Two hit jobs already and we're still in January :D

The intent is to create FUD about investing in India.
There is crony capitalism, politics - domestic and international involved. While the report may be right on many of its claims, why they chose to pursue this issue now is a question worth asking.

Let me put this in a simple way, by betting against Adani, you are betting against Govt of India. Nobody starts a company one day and gets government contracts on the next, In India. Man started 100s of companies in Gujarat and UK in past 3 years.

Leverage & debt only become an issue when they cannot be serviced. If he is being used as a tool to bypass India's cancerous bureaucracy and his companies are actually profitable, then we have nothing to worry about. If he is laundering money for politicians and running a pyramid scheme then we are all screwed. Whether it is a good investment or a horrible nightmare, for the country and investors, only time can tell.
Very well put.
Although the only problem with this statement is this - Say what you will about our bureaucracy but there is no excuse for absolute due diligence and transparency in book keeping…
Miss one line item in your Income tax return LTCG reporting as a private salaried citizen from the hundreds of millions such folks - and you will realize that our systems are robust enough to get you flagged for it :lol:

There are hundreds of even mid caps , let alone large caps that make an honest attempt to keep their books & records (and auditing) clean to the best extent possible.

OTOH, the primary auditors for the flagship Adani Enterprises is one Shah Dhandharia & Co - and the signing primary auditor is one Shubham Rohtagi - a CA from 2017 (Check the annual report if you dont believe me)

The auditor we have for our microscopic-in-comparison Housing society group is more qualified in every way. Hell, the CA i personally use is more qualified :dead:

So no, this surely goes beyond just FUD - coz If this does not strike you as beyond bizarre, I don’t know what will!
This is literally the equivalent of a Adar Poonawalla or Elon Musk hiring an autorickshaw or tuk-tuk for their daily commute

Last edited:
All companies do so. Just read how "Rothman Child" are the most rich family in the world. They made money from WW1 and WW2 plus lot of the other sources.

Self explained
20230128_110917.jpg

You quote the one out of six they were right on. Make your own judgements folks!

BBC knows more than Supreme court of India

Hindenberg knows more than govt auditors and the ED of India.

Don't you see the pattern?
You sound like in favor of Adani
but anything that goes up very quickly and too fast, destined to come down at rapid pace.

Among all the companies in the world, why was Adani Group the only one that was highlighted. There are some so many other companies too. I am sure, he would have pissed someone and they decided to turn on him. The other side of the coin is - ahem ahem, Hinderburg really came to help the entire world like it has been doing so all there years. I wonder why it never reported about Theranos and other scams that were public.

Back