Air Conditioner Prices in Mumbai given in post but need more options and info

tcpip

Disciple
Hello All,

Every now and then one finds a thread about air conditioners asking for info.. but I am giving info here and asking for some more.. hopefully this is a better thread.

I had done a survey of a about 3 stores in Mumbai. Here are the prices of the Air-conditioners alongwith the model nos for the same. Please note that I was interested in only 3-4 brands hence the same being reflected in the info provided herein. All are 1.5 tons and window AC models

Croma

Hitachi QC-18EQD-SM (Single Blow model) Rs 25990

Hitachi QC-18EQD-TM (Twin Blow model) Rs 26990

Carrier Estrella Rs 23990

LG LWASHW 3DD1 Rs 21690

(NO OGeneral available here)

HyperCity Good electronic store but pretty lousy collection when it comes to window AC

Hitachi QCTM 18EQDZ1 Rs 26199

(NO other good brand from my list available here)

E-Zone Likewise here lousy collection for window ac (But seemed to be more competitive than the the other two stores I visited)

Hitachi SM Rs 25300

Hitachi TM Rs 26000

I missed out visiting Vijay Sales as I was running short of time, but would definitely visit once before I decide on buying and update this thread too.

Questions

My questions are intended to bring out a winner which will satisfy the following conditions in the given order of preference.

• Consistent performance over its lifetime (should not give ANY trouble within the first 3 years would be ideal)
  • Electricity consumption and the pricing
  • Better warranty scheme

1) I was hoping to find OGeneral in atleast one of these stores as it comes under the list of brands I was looking for, please share the recent model prices if you do know.

2) Someone mentioned that OGeneral by japanese make/parts is the best available in Indian market, can anyone confirm this information ?

3)Please give me your order of preference if you were to choose amongst and Why?

OGeneral, HItachi SM, Hitachi TM and Carrier.

4) Any opinions on the above mentioned list in question 3 or otherwise.

Thank you for your valuable time and inputs.

Edit:

Found out that there is ceiling wall types also.

This will be ideal as my I have little space above windows for wall mount types, ceiling mount would be more than perfect.

This means I will have to make rounds again :)

Please comment for ceiling mount types also and whether General and Hitachi are the best for such type of air conditioners.

Thank you

tcpip said:
1) I was hoping to find OGeneral in atleast one of these stores as it comes under the list of brands I was looking for, please share the recent model prices if you do know.

2) Someone mentioned that OGeneral by japanese make/parts is the best available in Indian market, can anyone confirm this information ?

3)Please give me your order of preference if you were to choose amongst and Why?

OGeneral, HItachi SM, Hitachi TM and Carrier.

4) Any opinions on the above mentioned list in question 3 or otherwise.

Thank you for your valuable time and inputs.
1. Where are you located? General is sold and distributed in India through a tie up between ETA and General. Find the nearest branch from here and give them a ring so they can guide you to a dealer.

2. In general, Jap compressors are considered to be very efficient, requiring lower maintenance over a period of time and powerful than the desi assembled ones and the Korean ones such as LG, Samsung etc and even the Carrier ones. Fujitsu-General, Daikin, Hitachi, MHI, Toshiba etc are few of them. So yes, whoever gave you that piece of info was right.

3. Out of them, it is between Hitachi and General - opt for whatever is the cheapest. The compressors come with a 5 year warranty and the rest come with a year's warranty IINM.

4. I am not aware of the differences between TM and SM models. So I'll let someone else answer that query. :)

Desecrator said:
1. Where are you located? General is sold and distributed in India through a tie up between ETA and General. Find the nearest branch from here and give them a ring so they can guide you to a dealer.

2. In general, Jap compressors are considered to be very efficient, requiring lower maintenance over a period of time and powerful than the desi, Korean ones such as LG, Samsung etc. Fujitsu-General, Daikin, Hitachi, MHI, Toshiba etc are few of them. So yes, whoever gave you that piece of info was right.

3. Out of them, it is between Hitachi and General - opt for whatever is the cheapest. The compressors come with a 5 year warranty and the rest come with a year's warranty IINM.

4. I am not aware of the differences between TM and SM models. So I'll let someone else answer that query. :)
1) Thank you very much for that link.. I practically work 2 buildings away from the Malad address. Its on the first floor.. guess that makes it difficult for me to find it before.

2) Thanks, I was hoping it was right.

3) Yes, I myself had narrowed it down to just Hitachi and OGeneral too, just needed more opinions.

4) SM and TM stand for Single motor and Double motor as per one of the sales guys. They say that the more motors you use for blowing air.. it will be more efficient for the compressor and a long life benefit for the compressor. Also, all AC compressors come with 5 years warranty afaik.

Thanks Desecrator

I bought Electrolux 1.0 ton 3 Star rated Split AC for Rs16250 from VSP-Infinity mall Andheri. 2nd Samsung 2Star rated Window AC 1.0ton

Both AC are great. However if you want a competitor for General than you can also opt for Bluestar. I procured 14 Bluestar 1.5 ton Split units randomly which have been a good decision of mine.

@ tcpip.

I bought Hitachi 'follow me' Split ac in march which has given me good performance. if u can spend some another 5k in ur budget, i guess you can manage with it. as Desecrator rightly said, Japanese compressor are very much trustworthy with good reviews.

If budget is a problem then i guess you could opt for the desi ones like Voltas Vertis gold (taken over by Tata). even they have good performance.

IMO, i would advise u not to opt for the lg ones coz it has some serious issues(opinions may differ from person to person).

Regarding billing, i was charged around 700rs for month of may for 5 hrs of daily use at 25 degrees. Being 5star, helps u save money for sure.

shahbaaz_vision said:
I bought Electrolux 1.0 ton 3 Star rated Split AC for Rs16250 from VSP-Infinity mall Andheri. 2nd Samsung 2Star rated Window AC 1.0ton

Both AC are great. However if you want a competitor for General than you can also opt for Bluestar. I procured 14 Bluestar 1.5 ton Split units randomly which have been a good decision of mine.

Hi Shahbaaz, I have not considered Blue Star as it did not occur to me, thanks for the heads up, can you tell me if they have an option in their split range which is similar to the link(which hook to the ceiling instead of high wall) I provided in my last post.

Also, if you can comment about the power consumption if I use them for abt 10-12 hrs a day @ 25 oC

Thanks
Tejas01 said:
@ tcpip.

I bought Hitachi 'follow me' Split ac in march which has given me good performance. if u can spend some another 5k in ur budget, i guess you can manage with it. as Desecrator rightly said, Japanese compressor are very much trustworthy with good reviews.

If budget is a problem then i guess you could opt for the desi ones like Voltas Vertis gold (taken over by Tata). even they have good performance.

IMO, i would advise u not to opt for the lg ones coz it has some serious issues(opinions may differ from person to person).

Regarding billing, i was charged around 700rs for month of may for 5 hrs of daily use at 25 degrees. Being 5star, helps u save money for sure.
Hello Tejas, Thanks for showing your trust in Hitachi, I am planning to go for the one which hooks to ceiling due to space constraints above window. Price is not much of an issue if I get my kind of AC.. which has to be trouble free for a long time :)

Back