Audio Altec Lansing MX 5021 Modding

Re: MX5021 modding

^^You will be missing 4 caps (2 Vishays and 2 Thermax), of which I don't package extras. Unsurprisingly, they cost the most of the bunch, and even more unsurprisingly, I have very limited stock of these two caps, specially the Thermax.

^Me got lucky. :p

@faheem: no issues bro, can sell the remaining stuff 3 NE5532s and the remaining caps. The exotic ones need to be procured from abroad; if IINM Sangram got those from Digikey.

NE5532s can be got for 10rs each from any electronics shop. the caps well have to get from abroad.

My MX5021 is finally fixed :p got an opamp upgrade, its running OPA2134s. WIll change caps once I come back :D

No, I do have some stock but it's thinning rapidly.

So is my purse, so no new orders for some time. You will have to depend on locally available alternatives (there are a few, but require a bit of imagination to get right).

The Thermax caps are made and sold in India. Should not be too tough to find if you have a photo.

Both are fine. The voltage for all the opamps runs off the same supply, IIRC it uses a couple of 78xx regulators (or maybe not).

SunnyBoi said:
NE5532s can be got for 10rs each from any electronics shop. the caps well have to get from abroad.

My MX5021 is finally fixed :p got an opamp upgrade, its running OPA2134s. WIll change caps once I come back :D

Hello SunnyBoi,

How you fixed your problem??:ashamed:

Hello everybody!
Can you help me with amplifier electric scheme - my MX5021 doesn't work. It worked two weeks after mode but suddenly stopped. It turns on/off, leds are on but no sound but that dam hiss which always was there -before and after mode.

Any ideas and leads highly appreciated.

Normally we assume that less opamps leads to better sound as there are less components in the signal path.

Reality however depends on implementation. I'm not really sure, but I think they removed one of the input buffers - the one on the aux input on the dock, so the results are not easily predictable.

anything on modding MX6021 as it is low on sound quality (as per reviews and opinions).
Can modding take it par to mx5021,
also it has 200W RMS...so if other specs are improved, it might turn out to great 2.1 speaker.

Any idea about internal components of MX6021, are they very inferior to MX5021
any comparison b/w components and their specs wud be great....!!!!

My modded MX5021 had an accident during transport and Ive lost the main board, in case anyone here has a dead MX5021 with a working board circuit for parts to be swapped, I would be more than happy to buy it from you.

Back