Amazon and Flipkart Hot Deals - What posts are appropriate for such threads?

Amazon and Flipkart Hot Deals - What do you feel are appropriate to post ?

• A) Only deals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ibose

Skilled
Given the endless debate in both the Flipkart and Amazon hot deals threads of what posts are appropriate, I thought of putting this poll, if the Mods permit (please delete this thread if inappropriate). Please do put the reasoning behind your choice and let's continue the debate here.

Asking for suggestions,, probably not, nothing to do with the deal thread. They can go in buying suggestion.

Asking for more details about a product which was just posted is fine according to me. You can't keep creating new threads every time you want to know about something. Someone posts a monitor saying "this is available for 7k, usually it's 8.5k". You are looking for a monitor, but haven't heard of this particular model. You can totally ask if this suits your needs. If you create a new thread for this, the deal might be over by the time people respond.

Also, it's a free and open forum. Trying to impose too many rules will just lead to arguments. I don't see any problems in discussing on a forum which is meant for discussions.

Also, the options are pretty loaded, especially by adding "a la desidime". If you wanted to put forth your opinion, you shouldn't have done it as a poll. The poll options should be free of your own biases.

Also, the options are pretty loaded, especially by adding "a la desidime". If you wanted to put forth your opinion, you shouldn't have done it as a poll. The poll options should be free of your own biases.
Lol. Your irony continues to astonish me. If you don't like that the current outcome of the poll does not align with your preference then please go and hold your own "free and fair poll". It is a free and open forum as you say.
What you are proposing and is happening in those threads is exactly the same as any of the Desidime deal threads. One deal and then two pages of "opinions" about the product or completely unrelated stuff. Where is the bias ?
Free and open does not imply you derail that thread. If anyone wants to know about a product in a deal, they could lose the deal anyways by the time anyone responds, and then they decide to buy. Others will also miss the deal among such unrelated posts. Better they ask for it in a separate thread and keep a lookout for a deal when it comes next time or just ask in Desidime which is much faster and exactly meant for the purpose you are suggesting.

Last edited:
My vote is for C, but without detailed product discussion. Alternatives are useful if someone misses the deal, or a better product is available at a similar price.

For eg, someone posted about Consistent SSDs, which spun into its own mini thread. However that info was pertinent. Perhaps there should be a separate "deal" discussion thread, where someone with experience on a brand can share it in detail, and just link that post to the deal thread.

Suggestions requests should also go to the discussion thread.

Back