Car & Bike best sedan car to buy

kumar007

Disciple
HI,
I am planning to buy car in next 6 months. my budget is 12 lacs . which is the best sedan . I concentrate more on the look . i like volkswagen passat but it is way ahead from my budget. do u think i should wait for nissan sunny or audi hatchback even though it is not sedan......

My vote will be to get Chevy Cruze LTZ. but its a driver's car and if you drive on your own and dont think to sell/upgrade its the one for you.

^IINM the LTZ retails for ~15L INR. On-road pricing i.e. The LT itself retails for ~13L INR. It's an awesome car nonetheless. The Civic 1.8 S should be well within his budget though.

Agree but cant compare Desire with Cruze both are completely difference segments to compare..
Coming to Desire it has very good engine and thats it what about the rear seating space?
Even My Beat has more rear space than this car.. compared both with the official data only ( can ask the same in MAruthi showroom and they will just give you a smile )..

Anyways goood car nevertheless. Drive safe :)
iyengar said:
haha.. for middle class people its Maruthi Swift Desire VDI version.. did some research before booking

eBRo

Honda Civic is the hands-down winner in looks and performance. But low ground clearance can be an issue in towns/hills.
If you want good opinion, you will need to jot down your requirements:
1. No. of occupants
2. Usage: City/Highway/Hills/Town
3. Km/month
4. %age of time self-driven.

@Others: Is SX4 Diesel a good contender for this segment?
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel Review - SX change operation

If your budget can be stretched a bit , the Skoda Laura is also a decent car. The cheapest one will be the 1.8 Ambiente for Petrol and 1.9 TDI Ambiente for Diesel.

i'll say VW Vento TDI Highline.

take a test drive on a highway,put your foot down in 3rd Gear at about 50kph.

post your verdict after test drive. :D

hi,
thanks for ur replies.
I dont like the front look of honda civic. should i learn to drive car now or near when i am about to buy the car.

kumar007 said:
should i learn to drive car now or near when i am about to buy the car.
Wait what! You do not know how to drive a car yet?

Dude seriously, learn driving first, get a second hand car and drive around as long as you are confident about driving lengthier sedans.

I don't think imports will fit into a 12L budget. Also a 12L budget will only get you a C-segment sedan these days. The Cruze, Civic and Corolla are D segment sedans and if I recall correctly, retail for 13-17L.

Your options in the C cegment are SX4, Fiesta, Linea, City and Vento. I don't know what you would prefer looks wise but the City and the Vento are the most popular in this segment from a total package point of view. (IMO, the City is better due to a proven track record of available parts and service and I view the Vento as nothing but a Polo with a boot but that's just me. Feature wise, the Vento matches the City feature for feature but with some advantages like better build quality and paint job and some drawbacks...some I can think of are transmission tunnel hump in rear seat, lesser in-cabin space, smaller diameter but matching profile spare tire etc)

The Cruz is quite popular in the D segment these days due to it's aggressive styling and due to the fact that the Civic has been around for some time. But it is more coupe styled and suffers in rear seat height, has lower resale value, stylish cockpit but poorer quality interiors.

Why isnt anyone recommending Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G ? It fits the 12L budget , it dsnt have the Ground clearance issues akin to Civic nor has poor Support/Service like Skoda.

Dude, If u r yet to learn to drive, Get a used hatch first, Use it for 6 months and then Upgrade. This u way u wont be risking a hard earned million and u wont loose much while selling ur used hatch.

kumar007 said:
hi,
thanks for ur replies.
I dont like the front look of honda civic. should i learn to drive car now or near when i am about to buy the car.
Gannu said:
Wait what! You do not know how to drive a car yet?
Dude seriously, learn driving first, get a second hand car and drive around as long as you are confident about driving lengthier sedans.

I second that. I also learnt driving just before getting my car and then got the ANHC. Was scared like a rabbit, during the first few days. But I'm a little ignorant so was kinda OK after sometime. If I were given the choice I wud've got the i20, was so in love with that car :)

Oh and yes buy a second hand car, bang it around and then buy ur new car !!

Driving is not that difficult as it is made out to be unless you indulge yourself in drift races every weekend.
Also i do not like the comment of buying a second hand car and banging it around.
I guess you are not the manu sharma of the famous bmw case. :p

Back