Buying from Apple Store US or Canada Online.

Hi Guys,

i m having a query regarding the purchase of apple products from its online stores based in US or CA .. can i buy the goods using my credit card which has been issued in India ( VISA/Mastercard Certified ) , and get that shipped to a local address ( i.e US or CA only ) to my relatives and then get it FedEx from them ??

the basic need to pay by myself sitting here in front of my PC.

Luking for a quick reply. Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
BBThumbHealer :)

This is coming from someone who has done lots of Electronics shopping, to the point of obsession, while visiting US :). Here are your answers:

- You can use your Indian credit card sitting in India ONLY on some sites like Amazon. Sites like Newegg, J&R etc do not accept them. I have used mine multiple times on Amazon and it worked like charm. The problem is - Amazon doesnt always have a great stock or price on an Apple product, specially computers. For that, you should try J&R or B&H, both major NYC stores. But again, they will require a verifiable US credit card. Try to talk to them, maybe their policies might sneak you in somewhere, like first buying their gift card and then the stuff etc.

- FedEx works. But i guess indian customs, the proverbial bhikari log, will levy a handsome duty on your product specially if its bit costly. You need to find out more on this one.

Back