Monitors Do I need UPS for Monitor?

Hi ,

I am using external monitor with laptop. The problem is sometimes electricity goes off randomly. I am worried it might cause issue with my monitor.

laptop I dont need UPS ofcourse but with Monitor should i be worried?

Or is it okay if monitor shuts down like this.

I dont want to spend on UPS but if I have too please recommend a cheap one just for monitor.

Thanks.

Hi ,

I am using external monitor with laptop. The problem is sometimes electricity goes off randomly. I am worried it might cause issue with my monitor.

laptop I dont need UPS ofcourse but with Monitor should i be worried?

Or is it okay if monitor shuts down like this.

I dont want to spend on UPS but if I have too please recommend a cheap one just for monitor.

Thanks.
Not required for monitors but do use one for your cpu aka cabinet the actual system.

I use a ups for system , not for the monitor cause I upgraded the psu and my current ups is not enough. When using both via ups system immediately turns off. Without the monitor no issue. But when the current dims the monitor goes black for a second and immediately turns on again. Is this safe?

I use a ups for system , not for the monitor cause I upgraded the psu and my current ups is not enough. When using both via ups system immediately turns off. Without the monitor no issue. But when the current dims the monitor goes black for a second and immediately turns on again. Is this safe?
I have been using it with ups only and so no idea if that is okay or not.

I don't want to take chance though.
Specially when voltage fluctuations is bit frequent in my place.

If you live in an area with dodgy power or experience a lot of power cuts and surges, then i would recommend getting a UPS especially if your monitor is an expensive one. You don't want to take the chance of frying it. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Back