FS: Seagate 500Gb Barracuda 7200.9 PATA hdd, with freebies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnz

Adept
selling my Seagate 500Gb Barracuda 7200.9 PATA/IDE hdd. no bad sectors, under local warranty till Sept 2010 (verified online via Seagate website). previously used in my NAS setup.

will also throw in 2 freebies :)
1. Zippy's 3.5" usb 2.0 external hdd casing
2. IDE-to-SATA converter for those of you who want to hook up the hdd internally via your mobo's sata ports

asking price is Rs 6k plus shipping for the whole package :hap2:
local mumbai-based buyers preferred.
thanks!

*** ITEM RESERVED BY TECHHEAD ***

What are the temps like on the 500GB? Have you tried it anytime in an external casing? Am interested but am in B'lore. Worried about couriers :( esp for critical items like HDDs.

sydras said:
What are the temps like on the 500GB? Have you tried it anytime in an external casing? Am interested but am in B'lore. Worried about couriers :( esp for critical items like HDDs.

it does run pretty warm... though it hasn't quite been a problem for me using it 24/7 in the external casing as my rigs are usually running in AC room

i haven't couriered stuff like hdd before, but i think others have done so without any problems... if u're really keen, i'll make sure the thing gets packed properly with lotsa padding...

am too interested. May be you can also come up with why u r selling it at 6k. when market rates are flaring at 12k. Is hdd 100% ok? with not even minor problems? it wil be very helpful if u can tell in detail.:hap2:

waiting for ur response

thunkjunk said:
am too interested. May be you can also come up with why u r selling it at 6k. when market rates are flaring at 12k. Is hdd 100% ok? with not even minor problems? it wil be very helpful if u can tell in detail.:hap2:

waiting for ur response

i wasn't aware that 12k is still the market rate for 500Gb hdd... i thought prices have fallen recently and now u can get a brand new 500Gb hdd for around 8k...

there are absolutely no problems with the hdd... u can run any diskcheck utility and you won't find any bad sectors etc... besides, it's still under seagate warranty in india till Sep 2010...

anyway, TechHead has already reserved the hdd for collection next month when he comes back to mumbai... :hap2:

^^What you originally thought was correct, a new Seagate 500GB HDD with 5-years warranty can be had for 8K..Confirmed.

Congrats for your sale :)

Sorry for the slight OT, but is this the 7200.10? Coz I didn't think there was a 7200.9 500GB seagate disk.

And, AMd4Life, is that price for 7200.9 or 7200.10?

^ confirmed mine is 7200.9. model no. ST3500841A

plus, it's even printed on the drive label that it's 7200.9 ;)

@ burnz
hello burnz,
I am in need of a ide to sata convertor too.How much does it cost??
I know there is a thread of the same thing down in one of the forums but nothing useful in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back