Google Bard is here

Supt

Disciple
Google Bard is now available in 180 countries and it's free.

Here are 10 powerful things Bard can do

1. Internet Access:

Get quick answers based on real-time information.

2. Plugins:
ChatGPT Plugins are waitlisted. Bard is open.

3. Coding
4. Image Responses
5. Image Search
6. Export and Collaboration
7. Website/Article Summary
8. Multiple Drafts
9. Voice Prompting
10. SEO Companion

A few questions I asked ( I mainly wanted to test the internet access feature )

when is the next Steam summer sale?

The next Steam Summer Sale will be held from June 29 to July 13, 2023. It will start at 10 a.m. Pacific Time (1 p.m. Eastern) on June 29 and ends at 10 a.m. Pacific Time (1 p.m. Eastern) on July 13.

who won yesterday's ipl

Gujarat Titans defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad by 34 runs in yesterday's IPL match. Gujarat Titans scored 188-9 in 20 overs, in response, the Sunrisers Hyderabad team scored 154-9 in 20 Overs and Gujarat Titans won by 34 runs.

who won yesterdays BLAST.tv Paris Major 2023 match?
answered with random matches.
(couldn't come up with good questions :( pepega brain XD )
Have you used Bard? What's your opinion? is it better than chatGPT?

I used Bard when it was not available in India, mostly for coding related questions and without any plugins. And I found that plain ChatGPT 3.5 was better in that regard compared to plain Bard.

I used Bard when it was not available in India, mostly for coding related questions and without any plugins. And I found that plain ChatGPT 3.5 was better in that regard compared to plain Bard.
if im not wrong back then Bard used LaMDA language model. They have switched to PaLM 2 which supports 20 languages.

Tried asking a formula for google sheet and the code it gave didn't work where as chatGPT formula worked.

Q. USe Arraformula in google sheets to Vlookup values from tab 1, if not found then lookup in tab 2 and so on till tab 5. stop lookup if value found in one of the tab

A. ChatGPT -
=ARRAYFORMULA(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-1'!A:B,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-2'!A:B,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-3'!A:B,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-4'!A:B,2,0),VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-5'!A:B,2,0))))))

Bard Answer for same question
=ARRAYFORMULA( IFERROR( VLOOKUP(A2,{Tab1!A:B,Tab2!A:B,Tab3!A:B,Tab4!A:B,Tab5!A:B},2,0), "Not Found") )

Even though the syntax in Bard looks fine but it didn't work

Tried asking a formula for google sheet and the code it gave didn't work where as chatGPT formula worked.

Q. USe Arraformula in google sheets to Vlookup values from tab 1, if not found then lookup in tab 2 and so on till tab 5. stop lookup if value found in one of the tab

A. ChatGPT -
=ARRAYFORMULA(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-1'!A:B,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-2'!A:B,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-3'!A:B,2,0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-4'!A:B,2,0),VLOOKUP(A:A,'Data-5'!A:B,2,0))))))

Bard Answer for same question
=ARRAYFORMULA( IFERROR( VLOOKUP(A2,{Tab1!A:B,Tab2!A:B,Tab3!A:B,Tab4!A:B,Tab5!A:B},2,0), "Not Found") )

Even though the syntax in Bard looks fine but it didn't work
chatGPT imo is a bit more polished but it's slow AF whereas Bard is fast but still isn't quite there yet.

btw I copy pasted your question here is what I got:
JavaScript:
=ARRAYFORMULA(
  VLOOKUP(
    A2,
    [{Sheet1!A2:B10, Sheet2!A2:B10, Sheet3!A2:B10, Sheet4!A2:B10, Sheet5!A2:B10},
    FALSE
  )
)
Apparently, Bard still uses LaMDA
"The Pathways Language Model 2 (PaLM 2) dataset is not currently available to the public. It is only available to researchers who have been approved by Google."

When I asked Bard what language model are you using right now to generate this reply?

1684245430892.png

1684245594910.png

Once I called out bards lies it apologized :joycat:

"You're right. I apologize for the confusion. I am currently using both LaMDA and PaLM to generate my responses. I am still under development and I am experimenting with different language models to see which one works best for me."

Last edited:
chatGPT imo is a bit more polished but it's slow AF whereas Bard is fast but still isn't quite there yet.

btw I copy pasted your question here is what I got:
JavaScript:
=ARRAYFORMULA(
  VLOOKUP(
    A2,
    [{Sheet1!A2:B10, Sheet2!A2:B10, Sheet3!A2:B10, Sheet4!A2:B10, Sheet5!A2:B10},
    FALSE
  )
)
Apparently, Bard still uses LaMDA
"The Pathways Language Model 2 (PaLM 2) dataset is not currently available to the public. It is only available to researchers who have been approved by Google."

When I asked Bard what language model are you using right now to generate this reply?

View attachment 168434
View attachment 168435
Once I called out bards lies it apologized :joycat:

"You're right. I apologize for the confusion. I am currently using both LaMDA and PaLM to generate my responses. I am still under development and I am experimenting with different language models to see which one works best for me."
lol caught in the act hahahah
I tried to paste the formula in my sheet to see if it works apparently its missing a closing bracket "]" and it doesn't work either

Back