Budget Above 40k Is it the right time to buy iPhone 11…?

SE is too small dear and it might fit your requirements but not mine. Thanks anyways but not going to spend 10k more on 11 vs XR.
Rest it’s personal choice :)

XR is a good phone. And the SE has better specs (in a way) but not everyone likes the smaller form factor and kinda dated design (thick bezels). But if you like the larger phones, definitely go for the XR. It will easily last 3 years if you use your phones well (no drops or throws etc.). Even if you don't like larger phones but can live with them, go for the XR.

XR is a good phone. And the SE has better specs (in a way) but not everyone likes the smaller form factor and kinda dated design (thick bezels). But if you like the larger phones, definitely go for the XR. It will easily last 3 years if you use your phones well (no drops or throws etc.). Even if you don't like larger phones but can live with them, go for the XR.

now am confused with iphone xr or se as performance wise se is better battery wise xr m currently using 6s which has a bad battery so wanna upgrade does it make sense to buy same form factor with almost same battery as 6s

now am confused with iphone xr or se as performance wise se is better battery wise xr m currently using 6s which has a bad battery so wanna upgrade does it make sense to buy same form factor with almost same battery as 6s
SE has the A13 Bionic compared to A12 on the XR, so the CPU/GPU is much better on the SE.

SE has the camera sensor of the 8 with the ISP of the 11, so image processing is better. For example, it has Smart HDR and more portrait lighting modes than the XR, though it loses Night Mode.

The pixel density on both is the same and all the display features like True Tone and Dolby Vision support are too.

The Apple-rated battery life is 16 hours of video for the XR compared to 13 for the SE, so battery life will be better on the XR.

Overall, various sites would rate the SE better overall because of the CPU/GPU/Camera, so it comes down to what your priority is.

This is simple actually: If you want smaller form factor and want to also save some money, go for the SE. If small form factor is not a requirement and the price difference is not a problem, get the XR. I don't think you can make out difference between the two phones for day to day operations! Battery life is probably the only place where difference in performance will be "visible".

So I went ahead and got a SE 128GB from Flipkart to replace my iPhone 7 128GB. I couldn't make myself pay 41k more for the form factor of the 12 mini (and also wait forever) and after trying out my wife's iPhone 11, I am sure I can't live with the size of the 11 or 12 (or the XR) anyway! So I decided to get the most value small iPhone currently available! :p

Last edited:
This is simple actually: If you want smaller form factor and want to also save some money, go for the SE. If small form factor is not a requirement and the price difference is not a problem, get the XR. I don't think you can make out difference between the two phones for day to day operations! Battery life is probably the only place where difference in performance will be "visible".

So I went ahead and got a SE 128GB from Flipkart to replace my iPhone 7 128GB. I couldn't make myself pay 41k more for the form factor of the 12 mini (and also wait forever) and after trying out my wife's iPhone 11, I am sure I can't live with the size of the 11 or 12 (or the XR) anyway! So I decided to get the most value small iPhone currently available! :p

At what price did you got iphone SE?

Missed the deal for iphone se 64 prices are getting back to normal now anybody got a spare iphone se 64 red colour can take it
got the 64 gb variant :D

cancelled the iphone se and got the iphone xr 64 gb variant ..battery life is really bad on se as per a friend who got se a month back he said battery life is around 3.5-4 hours :(

Last edited:
is it bad ?
can it survive 1 full days with normal business usage ?

28,999 in fk = 29k

₹39,900 in apple store :p ( after Bollywood and Arnab, Apple India store is major buyer of drugs .. )

My 7 is at 87% battery health and can still go almost a day with moderate use. I typically put it to charge around 6pm or so after starting the day with a full battery around 8am. So for my usage, the battery is adequate, With the SE supporting wireless charging, its even easier now as I can just set it on my wireless charger on my desk and it will get its juice back!

My 7 is at 87% battery health and can still go almost a day with moderate use. I typically put it to charge around 6pm or so after starting the day with a full battery around 8am. So for my usage, the battery is adequate, With the SE supporting wireless charging, its even easier now as I can just set it on my wireless charger on my desk and it will get its juice back!
that's 10hours only.
Imagine a situation when i don't have any option to charge it (travelling), but i must have uninterrupted email & calls.
currently i have to carry a power bank, which is not a good experience.

was thinking about XR, but SE look good, i really don't care about anything else ( camera, looks and shitz). so was inclining towards SE based on sub 30k price.
But i will only go if that solve my problem. else i don't really need a phone.

My brother bought an SE last month after using a 6s plus since its launch. He calls it a very bad decision as the battery life has to become a constant thing that he needs to calculate and plan. Not worth it unless you don't use your phone for browsing or social media or Twitter or news. Also, based on my experience SE 's camera is fine but not better than xr. Performance wise its better on paper but I couldn't tell the difference between A12 of the xs and A13 of the se. It would surely matter in high end games etc. but didn't matter in other normal usage.

On the other hand my wife is a big fan of her xr. I don't like the screen but she has no problems with it and loves the extra battery that she never needs to worry about.

For anyone with regular phone usage, I would strongly recommend avoiding the SE due to the battery. For those with minimal usage maybe saving money is a good choice and they should go with the SE.

When is your SE getting delivered?

Is Iphone 11 12gb from Amazon for 52.5k after ICICI cashback a good deal to buy today or should I wait and it can get better?
If you must purchase a phone now, then go ahead. don't expect any offers like last year. But yes, if you wait a couple of months or so, there should be better offers. I don't think when a phone's MRP is 54900 selling it at 47900 is an offer, certainly not for Grand Indian Sale.

If you must purchase a phone now, then go ahead. don't expect any offers like last year. But yes, if you wait a couple of months or so, there should be better offers. I don't think when a phone's MRP is 54900 selling it at 47900 is an offer, certainly not for Grand Indian Sale.

I think there wouldn’t be price cut as of now as iphone 12 is already launched.So i would suggest him go ahead with the offer.

Back