Is itgadgetsonline.com legit?

Thinking of buying some stuff from here.
They are in Lamington road and do provide COD.
I have never heard of them. Can someone please confirm if they are genuine?

------EDIT------
Sorry but adding 2 more websites. These do not have COD unfortunately.

varietyonline.in and saifees.in
Does anyone know about these?

Last edited:
itgadgetsonline is legit business but I wouldn't recommend buying from them. Just had a bad experience and this is how it went.

I placed an order for a mobo. I didn't receive any tracking details for 4 days, so I called them and that's when they get to know that there was any online order in their system. They assured me shipping will be done tomorrow. But they didn't ship anything. The next day they said it will take 2 more days. So I had no choice but to wait. After 2 days, I asked them about shipping they said it will be done today. So I got fed up with the BS, I mentioned if they can't ship, please cancel my order in the evening. I got an email in the evening that my order has been cancelled. So I asked when will I get the refund, they said it will take 2-3 days. After confirmation, I went ahead and bought mobo from primeabgb.

After 3 days, they sent me shipping details that my package has been shipped. I asked them about it and they said it will take 3 days to reach the destination. I sent them screenshot of order cancellation email and screenshot of communication of refund, and asked then why did they ship the package. The guy asked for some time and he said that the shipping was cancelled and I will receive refund in 2-3 days. I waited for 3 days and asked about the refund. The guy said, he forwarded my details to billing department and I will get refund in 2 days. Now 10 days has passed and I didn't receive any refund. I just told them today that if I did not receive refund, then I will be forced to file a complaint in NCH. He said, he is looking into it.

Nothing to so far. Looks like I will have to file a complaint.

So, no, I would not advice anyone to buy from these incompetent guys. If you have a choice to buy from their shop physically then go ahead, otherwise better buy from some more reputed stores like primeabgb or mdcomputers.

Hmmm. Very unfortunate.
As I hadn't received any comments here when I needed it, I went ahead and ordered my board from variety infotech. They shipped it the next day (it was Holi that day) which was very appreciative of them. But the ekart guy's fked up and I never got the package. Afters about 11 days of ordering, I got my refund. I can't say if they were genuine or not because I never received my package. It was returned to them a few days after the refund.

I later bought the same board from flipkart.

Hmmm. Very unfortunate.
As I hadn't received any comments here when I needed it, I went ahead and ordered my board from variety infotech. They shipped it the next day (it was Holi that day) which was very appreciative of them. But the ekart guy's fked up and I never got the package. Afters about 11 days of ordering, I got my refund. I can't say if they were genuine or not because I never received my package. It was returned to them a few days after the refund.

I later bought the same board from flipkart.
My experience with these small shops forced me to conclude that Amazon, Flipkart is the best options for us or buy from local store. After going through all these, I just bought RAM from Amazon, even though the same RAM was available 300 rs cheaper elsewhere.

itgadgetsonline is legit business but I wouldn't recommend buying from them. Just had a bad experience and this is how it went.

I placed an order for a mobo. I didn't receive any tracking details for 4 days, so I called them and that's when they get to know that there was any online order in their system. They assured me shipping will be done tomorrow. But they didn't ship anything. The next day they said it will take 2 more days. So I had no choice but to wait. After 2 days, I asked them about shipping they said it will be done today. So I got fed up with the BS, I mentioned if they can't ship, please cancel my order in the evening. I got an email in the evening that my order has been cancelled. So I asked when will I get the refund, they said it will take 2-3 days. After confirmation, I went ahead and bought mobo from primeabgb.

After 3 days, they sent me shipping details that my package has been shipped. I asked them about it and they said it will take 3 days to reach the destination. I sent them screenshot of order cancellation email and screenshot of communication of refund, and asked then why did they ship the package. The guy asked for some time and he said that the shipping was cancelled and I will receive refund in 2-3 days. I waited for 3 days and asked about the refund. The guy said, he forwarded my details to billing department and I will get refund in 2 days. Now 10 days has passed and I didn't receive any refund. I just told them today that if I did not receive refund, then I will be forced to file a complaint in NCH. He said, he is looking into it.

Nothing to so far. Looks like I will have to file a complaint.

So, no, I would not advice anyone to buy from these incompetent guys. If you have a choice to buy from their shop physically then go ahead, otherwise better buy from some more reputed stores like primeabgb or mdcomputers.
Just got the reply that my refund will process tomorrow.

IMG_20230327_212637.jpg

I got fed up with one more day or two more days. Should I file a complaint or wait for another day?

I got fed up with one more day or two more days. Should I file a complaint or wait for another day?
I guess you should wait for tomorrow. If it still doesn't happen then complaint to NCH.

Also, flipkart is no better when it comes to PC components. Have seen many instances where they delivered wrong item or cancelled the order. You could say that I took a chance by ordering that motherboard from FK. But it wasn't available anywhere in that price. Everywhere else it was available for extra 6-12k so FK was my only option left.

Also, flipkart is no better when it comes to PC components. Have seen many instances where they delivered wrong item or cancelled the order. You could say that I took a chance by ordering that motherboard from FK. But it wasn't available anywhere in that price. Everywhere else it was available for extra 6-12k so FK was my only option left.
Yes, people face issue with Flipkart and mostly because of their no return policy on pc components but Amazon also have same no return on these products. If we do our due diligence and cover our bases then we got nothing to worry about. I just bought CPU from Flipkart and no, there was no risk involved. Because I know how easy is to deal with Amazon and Flipkart. Once, Flipkart replaced my 9 month old phone with brand new device because I showed them how they got profited from selling me a faulty unit.

But I am not defending Flipkart. They do scam people all the time.

what did you do specifically wrt to flipkart order.. ?
I just try to be cautious when I order online. Nothing in particular for Flipkart. I try to eliminate all the red flags.

1. Check the seller if he has good rating. Preferably Flipkart/Amazon official sellers. I never buy items which are seller fulfilled.
2. Check the return and refund policy for the product and if you are okay with it. Their no return policy is complete BS. No matter what, they will have to accept replacement/refund if the product is damaged or faulty. The burden of proof lies on you.
3. Check the review of the product on Youtube or reddit and make sure this is what you want. Don't order a product thinking you will return it if you don't like it. This is not going to fly. You will only return if the product is damaged or faulty.
4. Check the customer reviews on product page. It will give you a good idea about product seller and shipping etc.

On receiving the product, I record a uncut video of unboxing. In that video I clearly show the shipping label on the package then I record package condition and that it was not not opened before. Then I open the package and record condition of the item and its labels. I also mention what I receive in the box. That's all I do.

I just try to be cautious when I order online. Nothing in particular for Flipkart. I try to eliminate all the red flags.

1. Check the seller if he has good rating. Preferably Flipkart/Amazon official sellers. I never buy items which are seller fulfilled.
2. Check the return and refund policy for the product and if you are okay with it. Their no return policy is complete BS. No matter what, they will have to accept replacement/refund if the product is damaged or faulty. The burden of proof lies on you.
3. Check the review of the product on Youtube or reddit and make sure this is what you want. Don't order a product thinking you will return it if you don't like it. This is not going to fly. You will only return if the product is damaged or faulty.
4. Check the customer reviews on product page. It will give you a good idea about product seller and shipping etc.

On receiving the product, I record a uncut video of unboxing. In that video I clearly show the shipping label on the package then I record package condition and that it was not not opened before. Then I open the package and record condition of the item and its labels. I also mention what I receive in the box. That's all I do.
I do all these.

I think @vink was inquiring about this.
Right. Actually, I bought a Redmi phone and its earpiece stopped working after 7-8 months. I gave it to the service center and after a couple of days they said they fixed it. So I got the device back but nothing was fixed. I gave it again and they kept it for a few days but when I received the phone back, earpiece was still not working. I submitted it again but nothing happened. They started to give excuse that they can't fix it because it's probably faulty motherboard but they can't give me something in writing.

After getting fed up, I sent a legal notice to Redmi, their service center and Flipkart. I accused them for providing me a faulty unit which they can't fix themselves under warranty. So I asked for my money back with interest and a few lakh rs compensation for the mental torture they caused me. Gave them 2 weeks time to respond back. Didn't get any reply. I again sent another notice with lots of details and why I deserve timely resolution and now I increased compensation amount. Flipkart called and explained that their responsibility ended after 7 days of delivery so I should not file case against them. I declined and explained that Flipkart also profited from this transaction along with Redmi so they are equally liable. In next few day, I talked with their manager a couple of times. Finally, one day they agreed to replace my phone.

that was my next qs. ? did you knew for sure, if consumer court case would result in compensation.. i have yet to heard of such cases..
Customers always get compensation. Where did you hear they don't? Of course, not in such high amount. But customers get full refund + interest, any additional expenses done for after you complaint and compensation if you ask for it.

I got compensation from HP. Got 90k for 50k laptop from authorized HP shop owner. He didn't pay amount and deadline expired. So I complained to the judge, he increased my compensation by 5k and issued non-bailable warrant for shop owner. The guy came to my home in the night and started begging. He offered some additional cash but I accepted only 95k rs cheque. That's the end of it.

Where did you hear they don't?
i meant compensation in addition to device replacement.. i heard that cc only force device replacement. ...
this laptop case is very reassuring to read... might come handy in future..

i meant compensation in addition to device replacement.. i heard that cc only force device replacement. ...
Not really, but yes, it depends on you. Court will not suggest anything but you will have to tell them what exactly do you want out of this case. If you are going to court so you can force a company to offer you after sale services even though you already paid for it then it's your choice. My intentions are clear. If a company honors their agreement before I file a case then sure, I will be happy with a replacement.

But if I have to hire a lawyer, send notices by speed post to the company + their service center + Flipkart/Amazon and if I have to do that 2 times and then, I have to take a few days leave from office to file a case then why will I settle for only replacement. Although, since my uncle is a lawyer, I don't have to pay for his fee and only have to bear the speed post charges so I would still take a replacement if they offer it before going to cc. But if I already filed a case, then there is no way I am going to settle for a replacement at that time. I gave enough chances for a company to fix their mistake and if they don't want to then so be it.

But cc cases can backfire sometimes. So you have to be very very clear about what exactly are you doing and you are at no fault and most importantly, you can prove everything. For example, earpiece in my phone was not working and if the company concluded that it was due to water damage then I can't do anything. If I received a wrong product in Amazon delivery and I didn't record a good unboxing video and I have no other way to prove it then I can't do anything. If I bought a sunglasses from Amazon/Flipkart and I dropped it on the very first day and then blaming Amazon/Flipkart for sending me broken sunglasses but I am in no condition to prove it then it can surly backfire.

For genuine cases, cc will help.

Back