Just got my iPad... Now what !

Switch

Skilled
So finally i have my new ipad in my hands. Already jailbroken by me. Now comes the queries. I use a evdo network connection to connect to internet. So basically a data card. Now how do i connect to the internet on my ipad with the help of the evdo + laptop.

Also to install the apps from the apps store do i need to make a Indian account or a US account as ipad has yet not been launched in india.

Finally advise me some good apps/games to install on the ipad as i am totally new to the "i" prodcuts.

First of all, congrats on the iPad.:)

You can make either Indian or a US store account for free apps but to buy paid apps from the US store you'll need to use a US based CC.

I'd suggest you to make a US store account as there's a lot more content there. You can create the same with or without (in case you only intend to download free apps) adding a CC to your account.

To make an account without a CC, use this method.

Here some some useful links to help you with what apps to install first.

Gizmodo Essential iPad Apps

Essential iPad Apps - Macworld

Top 5 iPad apps - Mac Forums

iPad RSS Apps to Look Forward to

Notable iPad Apps - TUAW

Gizmodo - 10 Essential iPad Tips and Tricks.

Hope that helps.:)

If you already "jail broke" it then why would you want to buy apps from the iStore? There are always other sources to get games and apps for the iPad. ;)

To use the EVDO, the best option is to get an EVDO router which is available in eBay from 3.9k. Im using one with my Tata Photon+ connection and it is working great. :)

Back