Budget 51-70k Laptop for Office Use

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
Need to purchase one for purely office use.
Need:
1. Great Screen (15" or more)
2. Clear Webcam for calls
3. As light weight as possible
4. Battery Life 8 to 10 hours on just normal working with youtube and stuff if possible

I am considering LG Gram, Lenovo Thinkpads. Not looking to extend budget for the 2020 Mac Air but maybe in case options dont make good sense.

These two seem pretty good considering the weight and and the functions you're after.
Can personally vouch for the MSI one as I have a colleague whose using the same, and its got pretty good ventilation and overall good build quality

I am researching the same market for 4 months for suggesting to my employer for myself. The problem with ThinkPads is that easily available models are Intel, and 10th & 11th gen Intel suck for battery life , heat, noise and to some extent performance.

If you get any AMD or Intel ThinkPad from last 2 years, I researched that the FHD 500 nit privacy screen is a horrible battery sucker, and 300 nit screen is also not great for battery. Go for the 400 nit option, which is the low power screen and good quality too, though not great.

I heard great things about the screen of this one, though a bit small for you ( 13" ) and not a true professional laptop : https://www.hp.com/in-en/shop/laptops-tablets/hp-pavilion-aero-laptop-13-be0190au-4r829pa.html

There is a great shortage of all professional laptops : Latitude, XPS, EliteBook, ProBook, ThinkPad etc.

Asus Zenbook 14 i5 11th gen laptop is better choice for light weight laptops. It is only 1.17kg and very good-looking and give good performance.

Since most good ones are 70K, leaning towards the Mac Air with more budget or a LG gram.
I get to keep the laptop post employment also so Air seems logical for future.

If you want windows laptop then my vote would be the new LG gram without a doubt.
I second this. I have the 16" LG Gram and I'm loving it. Excellent battery life, superb screen, extremely light weight, and convenience of USB charging. Got the version with the Core i7 11th Gen. Battery life is easily 10 Hours + and if you're just watching videos or doing very light stuff, you'd even be able to go past 14-15 hours on one charge.
Initially I noticed it would get quite hot but then changed the profile under LG control center, its now very cool and also silent. I got it for 82k during the diwali sale with card offers etc. Worth the premium. The 3yr default warranty is the cherry on top.

Need to purchase one for purely office use.
Need:
1. Great Screen (15" or more)
2. Clear Webcam for calls
3. As light weight as possible
4. Battery Life 8 to 10 hours on just normal working with youtube and stuff if possible

I am considering LG Gram, Lenovo Thinkpads. Not looking to extend budget for the 2020 Mac Air but maybe in case options dont make good sense.
Puns,, I have both the Gram 14 (gen 10) and M1 Air.

The gram is a great machine if I were looking at it in isolation - ticks all the right boxes - good screen, decent touchpad and more than acceptable performance.

But it is not at all comparable with the 2020 Air - other than the weight where it wins, its not even a fair comparison in any other regard.
Unless you must use Windows or weight is the most important consideration..

Puns,, I have both the Gram 14 (gen 10) and M1 Air.

The gram is a great machine if I were looking at it in isolation - ticks all the right boxes - good screen, decent touchpad and more than acceptable performance.

But it is not at all comparable with the 2020 Air - other than the weight where it wins, its not even a fair comparison in any other regard.
Unless you must use Windows or weight is the most important consideration..
Where does M1 stands out better?

Back