Media Players - Amkette Flash TV or Nationite HDVP ?

karanboochra

Disciple
Hey guys...

I was thinking of buying a DVD player to fulfill my DVD needs..But now , i have changed my mind and now i am thinking of buying a HDD based media player because i would use only my pendrives and ext. HDD's to watch movies and NOT DVDs..

So....Please help me in making a decision..

Firstly, I am buying a Samsung 32" 720p HD Ready LCD..So the HDD Media player would be used with that only..

Now....

Amkette Flash TV

Getting it for 1.9k ( EBAY ) .

Supports -

Video - AVI-DivX/XviD (MPEG-4, Layer 2), RM/RMVB formats .

Audio - MP3 and WMA formats

Pictures - JPEG, BMP, TIFF and PNG files

Also supports SUBTITLES and TEXT Files

Supports 720p through COMPOSITE. No HDMI.

eBay India: Amkette Flash TV Plays Movies from Memory Cards HDD (item 250638467885 end time 02-Jun-2010 08:00:00 IST)

Nationite HDVP1 - 1080p Media player

Getting it for 3.5k ( EBAY )

Supports -

Video - AVI/DIvX (up to 1080P and supports DivX3.X/DivX4.X/DivX5) Supports AC3 Tracks

H.264 (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P) - MKV, MOV, MP4

MPEG-2 (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P)

RM/RMVB (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P)

TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, DAT, MPG, MPEG (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P)

Audio - Dolby Digital AC3

MP3, Lame MP3

MPEG-1/MPEG-2 Layer I/II

WMA

M4P (AAC), HE-AAC and Cook

Supports 1080p. HDMI. Subtitles also supported.

eBay India: Nationite HDVP1 - 1080P HDD Media Player Mkv M2TS H264 (item 110537905999 end time 02-Jun-2010 09:00:00 IST)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW, the question is..WHICH one to go for?

Nationite HDVP1 is good..Supports all the formats..But i DON'T need support of soo many formats. Plus, i don't need 1080p as my tv won't play 1080p.

On the other hand, Amkette Flash TV fulfills all my needs @ a really good price.

The only question about it is that..IF it runs movies @ 720p , on which formats does it RUN?

Because, on the site..there's no mention of formats such as .264 , .mkv etc..So how am i supposed to run these?

I won't always run movies which are 720p ..But obviously, i'll download movies such as Avatar @ 720p...

All the movies which are 720p are either in the h.264 format or the .mkv format..

So people..please HELP me buy the best player...

Anyone who has Amkette player , can you tell me if it can run h.264 formats of 720p?

Thanks a lot guys for taking time and reading it.. :)

Karan

Dude, have you considered going for a full HD? In Samsung, that's only 2.5 - 3K or so more. Considering you are already looking at a media player - and the fact that HD content is only going to increase, why not considering a full HD TV alongside a player which supports 1080p, and preferably upscales SD / lower resolutions to atleast 720p?

NOTE: From my limited experience, there is not considerable difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" at a 5 / 6ft viewing distance.

Looking at the current market scenario, I would go with

1a) 40" full HD
1b) HD DTH
2) Media Player capable of HD - this takes second preference since most HD TVs have USB support which allows you to play H264 content directly from the TV

I have brand new Enter HD flash player for sale which can play almost all formats, see pics in market section for more details. :)

ajab.ghajab said:
2) Media Player capable of HD - this takes second preference since most HD TVs have USB support which allows you to play H264 content directly from the TV
What most TV's . Almost all USB TV's i have seen support only divx . The built in ARM chips arent powerful enough to render HD video .

ajab.ghajab said:
Dude, have you considered going for a full HD? In Samsung, that's only 2.5 - 3K or so more. Considering you are already looking at a media player - and the fact that HD content is only going to increase, why not considering a full HD TV alongside a player which supports 1080p, and preferably upscales SD / lower resolutions to atleast 720p?

NOTE: From my limited experience, there is not considerable difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" at a 5 / 6ft viewing distance.

Looking at the current market scenario, I would go with

1a) 40" full HD

1b) HD DTH

Yeaa..thats the thing...

There's not MUCH difference in 720p and 1080p in 32" .. So no sense in getting that ..right?

Also, i think i will go for the Nationite Player only..as it supports 720p and 1080p also....

So tell me guys....is getting a 32" HD ready OK? Or should i consider getting a FULL HD TV?

Please help!

Also...Can you tell me the BEST price for a WDTV MINI?

There's report that Nationite Player has many issues with subtitles and stretching of AVI files.. :(

Back