MTNL Connection

Rockyme2002

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Mumbai
As the title suggests am thinking of gettin a MTNL connx. Am done with Pacenet for now.(ridiculously priced packages + excellent service:mad: )
I mean who pays 600 bucks for 48kbps...(thts me:ashamed: )
End of Story:(

Wnna get a connx which offers unlimited packages nd only MTNL's avail. here...(nd pacenet ofcourse...gundass:mad: :mad: )

1. Now i wanna download to the max ..PC's gonna be ON 24x7...so which router othr than wht MTNL offers...heard it heats up a lot.
Is the billions still avail nywhr.. or shud i just get wht thy r offering.

2. which package wud b best acc. to ma needs.. looking at the 850 NU plan:eek:hyeah: ...ny othr plans which offer NU with lesser expenses ??

3. ny probs with MTNL in regard to torrent (ports)blocking or such ?? gonna download most of the stuff from torrent ;)

Goin to apply nxt week..

Help Appreciated:cool2:

Nov 17, 2007
www.orkut.com
1. well i'm using the one provided by the mtnl ppl...no heating problem as such...my internet remains ON 24/7...besides you can go for d-link 502t...

2. since u wanna download to the max, 849nu will be good...and 849nu is the only NU plan available in mumbai...i have been using it, no probs of any sorts...:D

3. well they dont block ports...its just that u'll manually need to port-forward...can be quite easily done with the help of guides on Port-Forward.com

enjoy downloading...:hap2:

Nov 17, 2007
www.orkut.com
get the d-link 502t...if u intend to go wireless...go for linksys/netgear/buffalo wireless routers...i dont remember the exact model nos...search the forum...iirc ppl have already discussed it before... :D

Oct 18, 2007
yep mtnl conn is gud i have been using it for now last 3 years ....24x7. 849 conn. dlink 502t model...no heating probs nothing. fast cc service. but sometimes only speed craps...rest all is fundoo.