Car & Bike Need help with mah ride's I.C.E. Setup....

cOOl_chap

Adept
Mar 18, 2006
www.v-street.net
Heyllo guyz....

Well..as the topic says....I need lil help with mah car'z I.C.E. setup...i have a Swift '05.

at the moment... i have :

Head Unit : Pioneer deh5850

Speakers : Jbl gto 936e ( rear )

Sony Xplod GTF1325B ( front )

-------

Now...I am planning an upgrade...

I am really confused in which Head Unit to go for..

have 2 options....

1--> Pioneer Premier series....

i) DEH690UB ( will hv to get it from US )

ii) DEH7950UB

iii) DEH-P6900UB.

2--> Clarion HU'z

i)DXZ776USB

ii)DXZ576USB

This is where i am confused....Please any 1 who can suggest me sumthing...1 of mah gud buddies ( ronny from D5 ) has given me a nod for Clarion...but m still lil confused...

** Mah budget for the H.U. is ard 15kz INR...

btw...i wud be getting the Infinty Speakers...so plz consider this also...

about the Amp and the Sub....most likely its gonna be JBL Amp + JBL sub...

lookin for sum assistance....thnx :)

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
I'd say sit on your existing head unit and get better speakers. Do note that JBL subs are incredibly boomy.

Blaupunkts are good value for money amps and speakers. Especially the velocity series.

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
Isn't buying an amp a better idea? The head units are only capable of about 16 watts (real watts) and an amp would be a pretty noticeable upgrade straight away, leaving the rest of the equipment in place.

Also consider sound treatment in the cabin. Damping up doors and floors has a pretty dramatic impact on NVH reduction, and you can keep the volume control down.

cOOl_chap

Adept
Mar 18, 2006
www.v-street.net
Phew....finally sum replies :D..

Well guys...the main reason for me changin mah H.U. is that its kinda gone bad.....doesnt ejects disks...doesnt plays disks sumtimes :(...so i hv to change the H.U...

about AMP....i was thinkin for gettin a mono block for the SUB only....n the H.U. will be gud to take care of the speakers....wat say?

damping the doors...hmmm....

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
components will be better amped i think. get a 4 channel amp and use the front channel for components and rear ones for sub

btw i think you can get more info at tbhp than here

cOOl_chap

Adept
Mar 18, 2006
www.v-street.net
i know...tbhp is the place.....but i thought y not ask the TE guyz....

also, had a talk with viper ( tbhp ) he suggests goin for Pioneer H.U....

Newayz..thnx for the inputs....will post it on the tbhp too....

Anish

Skilled
May 9, 2005
Goa, India.
www.anishsood.com
My Verna is currently loaded with the Pio 6950, Soundstream Components in the front and 2 x JBL GTP937 6x9's for the rear and I find the setup to be quite adequate loudness wise but horrible when it comes to sound quality.

Hence I'd strongly emphasize on a 4-channel amp, can do wonders for the audio needs!

I don't think you'll need a sub with 2 6x9 rears, but you can always add a sub with a mono amp later cause the HU has a sub out port.

Dec 23, 2006
Chaos said:
Do note that JBL subs are incredibly boomy.

You are the first person I have heard to say that.

The sub playing boomy depends on the enclosure it is placed in, and the EQ adjustment also play a big role also.