Need the best sounding MP3 Player for 5-6k

eggman

Adept
Hi .
I am looking to buy an Music player for the budget of 5-6k. These are my prioritizes in order

1)SOUND QUALITY: I am willing to sacrifice every other feature for this. (but will be hoping not to:bleh:). The SQ of the player should be awesome and nothing less

2)16 GB STORAGE MEMORY: It'll be good if the player has expendable memory ,but if not at least 16GB inbuilt men it should have.

3)DISPLAY SCREEN : SO that I can select which songs I wanna play. Unlike iPOD Shuffle!

4)GRAPHIC EQ: :)

5)VAST FORMAT OF MUSIC FORMAT: ogg, mp4 ,and other should be supported

5)EASY CONNECTIVITY WITH PC: Windows Vista that is:)

6)POCKET FRIENDLY : I don't want a brick

7)RADIO : Not compulsory , but it's better if it has it
So please suggest. Currently my eyes are set on COWON iAUDIO 7 . Any better player out there?.:hap2::cool2:

Sansa Clip+/ Sansa Fuze with a microsd.

I think that's the best you will get in 5-6k (infact it's best for any range :p).

Cowon D2 is also on par with sound quality with the Sansa Clip, but I don't think a 16gb will fit in 6k. You might get an 8gb.

Does Cowon D2 comes with expandable memory?

I won't be using the given headphones anyway since I doubt they will be better than my CX300II

^ Yup you can expand the memory of D2 with a memory card.

A CX300 would be better than the bundled earphones. But if your budget permits, upgrade to better earphones to really take advantage of the good sound quality of the player. :)

Get Sansa Clip plus 2gb with a 16gb Micro SD card (2K+2.5K). That will do the job. Regarding the earphones, mention your music taste and Budget.. people will suggest you.

Get Sansa Clip+.I some how prefer the clip+ over D2.I $crewed up my D2 .I cant RMA it untill i go to NZ.In mean while i am getting the 8GBclip+ for a real sweet price:D

Edit: Sweet price=110SGD~3.5K

^ From where will he get a Cowon D2 in 5-6 k ?

Anyways as everyone's already suggested the Sansa Clip+ or Sansa Fuze are your best options .Both sound exactly the same and have microSD slot for expandable memory .The Fuze has colour screen, video support and is fairly bigger than the Clip but slimmer.

Sound

They are one of the best sounding players and compete against the Cowon D2 / S9 in terms of SQ.A lot of people and audiophiles find the Clip+ to be better than the the Cowons.I personally can vouch that you wont find any other player under 10k which sounds as good.

Regarding the storage you can either get a 2/4/8 GB player and add a 4/8/16 GB microSD card as per your requirements.

Now the problem with the Clip+ is that it has a very decent battery backup of ~9-11 hrs(depending on volume/bit rate of files). The battery back considerably goes down to only 7-8 hrs with an addition of a microSD card.On the other hand the Sansa Fuze has a battery life of ~20 hrs and adding a microSD card wont reduce it much. Plus you get a bigger colour screen , better UI etc.

Checkout both the players and decide .As of now they aren't available in India and KMD isn't taking orders but most probably they should be soon available on Ebay.Infact even right now one seller is selling a 4GB Fuze but it seems to be refurbished.

Incase you don't like the Clip or Fuze for personal reasons , look for a deal on second hand Cowon D2 ;).

Currently D2+ 4GB is sold at an MRP of 7k which means it can be bought for 6.5k in the market. Sansa Fuze may compete with D2+ and when you look at overall features, D2+ easily trumps fuze.

bigger display (2.5" vs 1.9" which is big +)

touch controls

better battery life

audiophiles may think that fuze may be better sounding than d2+ but the buyer here is not going to use a high end gear (isn't that the best case when the difference, if any, will be noticed), is he?

And you yourself say that cowons are one of the best, so why not get Cowon D2+ which has much more features than Fuze (when the difference in audio output quality is not that much and D2+ itself meets OPs requirements fairly well)

And Clip+??? with that pencil tip like display??? come on, the budget is 6k not 2k!

^^thank you all for you suggestions!

So It has come down to Sansa Fuze and D2+.

Now I can't buy Fuze as it is not available in India and I need the player before this weekend!

So I just need to ask few questions!

1) Does D2+ have expandable memory?? How much will the 8GB or 16GB memory card cost(say at a grey market)?

2)What is the battery backup of D2+ ?

3)Will it be easily available in market?(S.P. Road, Bangalore) :)

eggman said:
^^thank you all for you suggestions!

So It has come down to Sansa Fuze and D2+.

Now I can't buy Fuze as it is not available in India and I need the player before this weekend!

So I just need to ask few questions!

1) Does D2+ have expandable memory?? How much will the 8GB or 16GB memory card cost(say at a grey market)?

2)What is the battery backup of D2+ ?

3)Will it be easily available in market?(S.P. Road, Bangalore) :)

1) yes. D2+ supports expandable memory (SD, SDHC, MMC). 8GB could be around 900 rupees in SP Road but not sure of exact price

2) battery backup: 52hrs audio and 10hrs video rated battery backup.

3) yes. There is one electronics shop next to Anandit where you can buy Cowon stuff and also is the contact for service in Bangalore (has tie up with Lipap systems to handle Cowon's warranty services. Collect the device, send it to Lipap who takes care of service and repair.)

here, this is the address:

Pankaj Electronics‎

No 111/3, S P Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560002

080 22228784

Pankaj Electronics - Google Maps

You can also get Cowon players from Glasgow computers in Brigade Road. Get the price from Pankaj electronics and you can bargain for same price at Glasgow computers (below PlanetM).

Note: do remember that Cowon D2+'s BBE/equalizer settings need to be tuned to get the optimum audio output and it can take few hours depending on the genres that you play and how your ears respond.

eggman said:
Also, what is this BBE+ I'm reading a lot about?

audiophile way of explaining what BBE is : [ Digital Pride COWON ]

simple english: set of enhancements like equalizer, Mac3Bass, MPEnhancer, 3D etc that enhances audio quality and gives user to set the audio output the way he/she wants instead of relying on preset equalizer settings.

Back