Nvidia 4000 series cards

What was that 4000 graphics card model which Nvidia wanted to pass off as 4080 but after much criticism and backlash they renamed it to a lower model? Was it 4070 or 4070 Ti?

And the rate in which these graphics cards models with lower VRAM get decimated even in 1440p Ultra, it seems like anything below 12GB may be a no no for people obsessed with the highest graphical settings.

So 4070's will come with 12GB while the 3070 came with only 8GB and 3060 has 12GB... What? Because the 3070 has 8GB I thought the 3060 would also be in 8GB. I found it out just now lol.
If VRAM size was the problem in that TLOU2 benchmark then would the 3060's perform better than the 3070?

What was that 4000 graphics card model which Nvidia wanted to pass off as 4080 but after much criticism and backlash they renamed it to a lower model? Was it 4070 or 4070 Ti?

And the rate in which these graphics cards models with lower VRAM get decimated even in 1440p Ultra, it seems like anything below 12GB may be a no no for people obsessed with the highest graphical settings.
What the review does not mention that TLOU Part 1 on PC is a piece of trash. It is worse in terms of optimisation than Arkham Knight, and that is saying something.

Fact is, a reviewer shouldn't use one of the worst PC ports in the last 5-10 years, to mislead users that games need more VRAM at 1080P.

So 4070's will come with 12GB while the 3070 came with only 8GB and 3060 has 12GB... What? Because the 3070 has 8GB I thought the 3060 would also be in 8GB. I found it out just now lol.
If VRAM size was the problem in that TLOU2 benchmark then would the 3060's perform better than the 3070?

Nvidia have gone nuts to be honest.
I hope Intel and AMD compete more rigorously in next couple of years and show Nvidia it's place.

Intel and AMD compete more rigorously
Think it should be more in AI hardware and solutions space than in Gaming hardware space. Because that's where Nvidia is really dominant which also happens to benefit gaming, with things like DLSS, Ray Tracing etc. While AMD and Intel are way behind on this. AMD has been holding up mostly because of their price-to-performance ratio.

Fact is, a reviewer shouldn't use one of the worst PC ports in the last 5-10 years, to mislead users that games need more VRAM at 1080P.
It's easy to forget that these people are not unbiased, independent reviewers, but promoters paid by the brand. Basically an international version of small sellers on Amazon that include a card in the package that says they will UPI you 100 bucks if you leave a 5 star review.

CableMod really coming as a Savior to the community. I really would love to see how they electrically stress-test the adaptor. It's so small!

Nvidia have gone nuts to be honest.
I hope Intel and AMD compete more rigorously in next couple of years and show Nvidia it's place.
Frankly speaking Nvidia does not care about gamers anymore. Back when there was no AI ML related usecases for GPUs nvidia really did care about gamers and use to provide good value to the consumers. They were also earning huge revenues by sponsoring games. But now with the rise of AI and ML I don't think Nvidia or any other brand that manufacture GPUs care about gamers. They have a new customer base in the form of rising AI and ML tech companies and they would buy these GPU easily at these prices. Consoles are gonna be the only platform which will be there for budget gamers in future. Enthusiasts and people with money will still hold on to PC gaming but mostly in coming years most of the people will move towards consoles.

Frankly speaking Nvidia does not care about gamers anymore. Back when there was no AI ML related usecases for GPUs nvidia really did care about gamers and use to provide good value to the consumers. They were also earning huge revenues by sponsoring games. But now with the rise of AI and ML I don't think Nvidia or any other brand that manufacture GPUs care about gamers. They have a new customer base in the form of rising AI and ML tech companies and they would buy these GPU easily at these prices. Consoles are gonna be the only platform which will be there for budget gamers in future. Enthusiasts and people with money will still hold on to PC gaming but mostly in coming years most of the people will move towards consoles.
i would rather think other way around .Due to this the demand from DC would be high and wastage chips would trickle down to the gaming side and cost would depreciate due to scale of economy .The linux driver would be more solid and who knows we might move to linux for mainstream gaming.

We could expect new file compressing software using gpu to quickly compress/decompress

Frankly speaking Nvidia does not care about gamers anymore
With any business there comes a point where the market share stabilizes, and the only way to show greater profit numbers is by screwing the customer base. Even Netflix is doing it now. Profits cannot increase indefinitely, but companies try to grow like cancer.

The linux driver would be more solid and who knows we might move to linux for mainstream gaming.
Steam Deck gives me hope for gaming on Linux one day

Back