Nvidia 4000 series cards

GN seems to have lost the plot. I dont think he needs to educate nvidia on corporate strategy but rather present available upgrade options to the intended audience. If you are buying new in this tier, 4070 ti is the only reasonable choice. 7900 xt is more expensive (and it gets even more expensive because how amd gpus are generally unavailable in India). buying second-hand could net you a used 3090 but if you are going new, depending on what you currently have.. this could be a viable upgrade path, not meant as an upgrade for 3080+ class gpus

so thats why i did mention that zotac 4080 at 1.13 and 1.17 and this 4070ti makes more sense in india as most of the shopkeepers have mentioned that most of AIB xtx would end up in an around 1.10 or 1.15

This is what Nvidia's plan is and I give this thumbs up. Lol

Screenshot_2023-01-11-16-33-17-17_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

GN seems to have lost the plot. I dont think he needs to educate nvidia on corporate strategy but rather present available upgrade options to the intended audience. If you are buying new in this tier, 4070 ti is the only reasonable choice.

This attitude is exactly what got us in this mess in the first place. how anyone can think that a $1200$ price on shelf for the 4070Ti on shelf as reasonable is beyond me.
GN is just stating facts tbh, this retarded pricing sorely exists to offload unsold 3xxx series GPUs post the crypto-crash. Instead of replacing older gen GPUs, these have been released to co-exist with them while presenting them as VFM while comparing them to the inflated prices of older gen.
It ends up hurting independent professionals/smaller studios/pc gaming scene as a whole.

This attitude is exactly what got us in this mess in the first place. how anyone can think that a $1200$ price on shelf for the 4070Ti on shelf as reasonable is beyond me.
GN is just stating facts tbh, this retarded pricing sorely exists to offload unsold 3xxx series GPUs post the crypto-crash. Instead of replacing older gen GPUs, these have been released to co-exist with them while presenting them as VFM while comparing them to the inflated prices of older gen.
It ends up hurting independent professionals/smaller studios/pc gaming scene as a whole.
It depends on the upgrade path and budget, not everyones upgrading from 30 series and there's wild variation in user problem definition. Also I dont see how haranguing nvidia on such topics is going to be fruitful. The only way you can constructively respond to the situation is by educating people about available choices and probably recommend few products for most situations. Theres also the choice of buying used but only a few are comfortable with such options..

and i think the entry level 4070 ti comes in a lot lower than 1.2 k$.. i could see a few listed online for 85k or thereabouts including taxes

Last edited:
It depends on the upgrade path and budget, not everyones upgrading from 30 series and there's wild variation in user problem definition. Also I dont see how haranguing nvidia on such topics is going to be fruitful. The only way you can constructively respond to the situation is by educating people about available choices and probably recommend few products for most situations. Theres also the choice of buying used but only a few are comfortable with such options..

and i think the entry level 4070 ti comes in a lot lower than 1.2 k$.. i could see a few listed online for 85k or thereabouts including taxes
You don't have to own a GPU to conclude that 4070ti is terrible VFM card of the bunch. It is 20% faster than 3080 and yet cost 40% more. It does worse in 4K @ +14%.
Plus we are living in weird time where in second-hand market 3090 is sold for 45-60K, these are too good a price to ignore in your buying decision.

Considering that every card launched so far looks terrible and whatever new card you buy now, will also look bad in comparison. Buyers remorse guaranteed !!

You don't have to own a GPU to conclude that 4070ti is terrible VFM card of the bunch. It is 20% faster than 3080 and yet cost 40% more. It does worse in 4K @ +14%.
Plus we are living in weird time where in second-hand market 3090 is sold for 45-60K, these are too good a price to ignore in your buying decision.

Considering that every card launched so far looks terrible and whatever new card you buy now, will also look bad in comparison. Buyers remorse guaranteed !!
the biggest hurdle to buying used is the first purchase you make. a well maintained 3090 is still going at 60-62k, atleast that was the case till December. now, i believe the 3090 used market would have dried up given 40 series prices. anyways, people arent going to get swayed into buying used and i wont convince someone to buy used because if something goes wrong theres collateral damage to your reputation.. its a decision that someone has to make independently
you got to accept that at the 4070ti tier there arent many reasonable options, after all prices are driven by market realities. especially if you need the card for work or if you are sitting on a pascal/turing and are itching for an upgrade

Back