PC Case

Looking for a case, haven't bought one in a long time. I see there are new names and a lot of models to choose from. I am slowly sorting through them but thought maybe someone could suggest the ideal one. Here is what I am looking for -

ATX mobo/PSU
3 fans (front/back/side 120mm) Prefer No RGB
3 HDDs
PSU clearance - 210+mm
GPU clearance - 320+mm
CPU cooler clearance - 175+mm
No water cooling
Prefer tower format
As small as possible

Though budget isn't a criteria, lets say budget is 30k but as cheap as possible. Of course it should be available in India without extended wait time or other things.

Get the Lancool 216. Excellent airflow case, outstanding cable management, built like a tank. Comes with two 160mm fans in the front, and one 140mm at the rear. I have a Noctua D15 and it gobbles it up with clearance to spare.

There's also a non-RGB version, but you lose the fan hub. Just turn off the RGB when you don't need it.

There's also a non-RGB version, but you lose the fan hub. Just turn off the RGB when you don't need it.
Simply don't connect the argb cables to motherboard and by default there is no fan light. That's what i do, and yeah fan controller is nice.
I also put a 140 fan under the gpu, there is lot of space and that does the work of a side fan - probably better as you don't need to disconnect cable everytime we open up the case. Can also have top exhaust fans, so lots of options if needed. But the default config is probably more that enough.
Its very heavy and large though ( vs old cheaper cases i used atleast). These glass panels have a lot of weight.

This doesn't seem right.

Get the Lancool 216. Excellent airflow case, outstanding cable management, built like a tank. Comes with two 160mm fans in the front, and one 140mm at the rear. I have a Noctua D15 and it gobbles it up with clearance to spare.

Thank you, I will look into this.

Fractal Design Pop XL Silent fits your bill, except for the HDD part, it has 2 instead of 3. Prime also has Pop XL Air with a mesh panel up front.

Of the many cases I saw the Fractal cases stood out to me, I was considering the Define 7, Define S and Pop. The S seems to not be available. Your choice aligned with my own. I don't understand why such cases are not more popular or freely available? Simple effective designs that accommodate hardware. I also don't understand why most cases have so few HDD slots now. I will admit the last case I bought was some 10 to 12 years ago.

Of the many cases I saw the Fractal cases stood out to me, I was considering the Define 7, Define S and Pop. The S seems to not be available. Your choice aligned with my own. I don't understand why such cases are not more popular or freely available? Simple effective designs that accommodate hardware. I also don't understand why most cases have so few HDD slots now. I will admit the last case I bought was some 10 to 12 years ago.
Lian Li and quite a few other mainstream brands are fairly priced in India. Fractal for whatever reason is overpriced in India. Example of US and Indian prices...

Fractal Pop - 80 USD - 10,000 INR
Fractal North - 140 USD - 16500 INR
Fractal Terra - 180 USD - 23500 INR

Even if you use 1 USD = 100 INR these are quite overpriced.

Lian Li and quite a few other mainstream brands are fairly priced in India. Fractal for whatever reason is overpriced in India. Example of US and Indian prices...

Fractal Pop - 80 USD - 10,000 INR
Fractal North - 140 USD - 16500 INR
Fractal Terra - 180 USD - 23500 INR

Even if you use 1 USD = 100 INR these are quite overpriced.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Anyone have any better ideas than the Define 7 or Meshify 2? They work but I'd like something smaller. Is something like that but smaller available? Most smaller options are either not much smaller or don't have as much space.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out.
Anyone have any better ideas than the Define 7 or Meshify 2? They work but I'd like something smaller. Is something like that but smaller available? Most smaller options are either not much smaller or don't have as much space.
Are you sure you wanna splurge 30k on a case?
Someone here could have invested this much into a server rack.
Up to 12k you get the best cases as suggested above.

Are you sure you wanna splurge 30k on a case?
Someone here could have invested this much into a server rack.
Up to 12k you get the best cases as suggested above.

My budget is not fixed, I am more looking for the right product rather than fitting a budget, my budget is open ended to fit the right product. Going through many cases, so far looked at Lian Li, Silverstone, Cooler Master, Fractal, Corsair, and don't see exactly what I am looking at. The Fractal cases are the closest but a little larger than I'd like. If I can get a Fractal replacement for 5k that is well and good, if not I will pay what the cost is. I am hoping there is a better alternative that is a little smaller.

My budget is not fixed, I am more looking for the right product rather than fitting a budget, my budget is open ended to fit the right product. Going through many cases, so far looked at Lian Li, Silverstone, Cooler Master, Fractal, Corsair, and don't see exactly what I am looking at. The Fractal cases are the closest but a little larger than I'd like. If I can get a Fractal replacement for 5k that is well and good, if not I will pay what the cost is. I am hoping there is a better alternative that is a little smaller.
No case fits perfectly for everyones use-case scenario or liking. Ifs and buts and a bit compromise will always be there and finding someone who can custom design a case will be like finding a needle in a haystack and too much costly.
Try cheap brands as well like deepcool and ANT, you never know you might find in them the one you are looking for..

Last edited:
No case fits perfectly for everyones use-case scenario or liking. Ifs and buts and a bit compromise will always be there and finding someone who can custom design a case will be like finding a needle in a haystack and too much costly.
Try cheap brands as well like deepcool and ANT, you never know you might find in them the one you are looking for..

That's correct. If I find it then that's fine, otherwise it is probably the Define 7.

Back