Budget 71-90K PC for Editing & Rendering

If we are still talking about the 7900x, at full load on all cores, there will be very little difference in results between a 240mm AIO vs a tower cooled setup as both will struggle to keep the temps below 90 degrees. At lower loads however, an air cooler might even out perform an AIO (at certain scenarios). Which SFF case are you using? An AIO is usually recommended over air cooler for SFF builds due to space constraints and the challenge of achieving proper airflow configuration.

This video by Hardware Canucks should answer your question

Thanks for this! Now, let's just hope that they have good RMA policies in place.
Mine is an older i15 12400
Truth be told, the air cooler (deepcool) was fine as-is and didnt need a replacement …but i got tempted as is always the case with folks like us :|

Received it today evening - will try install it tomorrow.(or saturday) to see how it fares.
TBH i doubt it will make much of a diff considering the 12400 isnt a particularly thermally constrained chip - but the overal reviews of the LF III tempted me otherwise :facepalm:

Mine is an older i15 12400
Truth be told, the air cooler (deepcool) was fine as-is and didnt need a replacement …but i got tempted as is always the case with folks like us :|

Received it today evening - will try install it tomorrow.(or saturday) to see how it fares.
TBH i doubt it will make much of a diff considering the 12400 isnt a particularly thermally constrained chip - but the overal reviews of the LF III tempted me otherwise :facepalm:
Ha ha.. Yeah, we've all been there at some point - getting hyped up over something after reading reviews and buying it, only to realize later that we actually don't need it. A 240mm AIO for a 12400 is bit of an overkill to be honest. But, it could prove it's true value in the future in case you plan to upgrade your setup. Do let us know how it performs under load compared to your current Deepcool air cooler.

@malhotraraul Regarding VRMs, it was an oversight on my side. @Psycho_McCrazy is correct. It's better to invest on a motherboard with better VRMs to accomodate the 7900x's power draw during heavy workloads. They're a bit pricier (~23k), but it's better to err on the safer side especially if rendering is going to be this rig's whole purpose.

Just adding my suggestions to what has already been recommended:

With the MSI motherboard, you'll get more connectivity options but, you'll be missing out on Gen 5 M.2 support.

Back