Disciple
Isn't it overpriced for 44k ??

1658377098794.png

You can always wait for the price to drop as supply goes up

20k for the buds pro :grumpy:

Last edited:

20k for the buds pro :grumpy:
Will buy it in Big Billion days sale.if it goes below 35k .there are no many options available for 6.1 inch display. Will only buy for that reason. But 44k for 60hz display ?? Isn't it too much

These days cheaper version of phones are cheaper only in features, not in price. The "a" line of Pixels was supposed to be cheaper, whatever happened to that.

Also, Pixel prices don't really drop. Pixel 4a remained listed for 32k throughout its available life. They do go for discounts at times. I bought mine at 26k after 5k sale discount and 1k card discount. You have to keep an eye out for it.

IMO, Pixel 6a is simply not worth buying for various reasons. Although I don't care about the screen refresh rate, it is worth noting that a lot of phones in this range do come with at least 90 Hz display. Then you have 18w fast charging when ~30w is pretty much the norm now. Then you have the 12 MP camera. I know Pixel's quality is pretty good and I'm not a Megapixel chaser, but still, 12 MP seems a bit underwhelming. Also, Tensor hasn't been getting great reviews.

And lastly, as a Pixel user, the software experience that Google has been giving me has made me swear against buying Pixels in the future. One would think that coming straight from Google and being clean Android, the experience will be superb. But my usage has been plagued by bugs. Every update introduces at least one bug which takes another 2-3 updates to fix. The recent apps button not working with third party launchers took them 8-9 months to fix when there were multiple complaints in the first month itself (Sep-Oct '21). The notification shade of Android 12 has been buggy ever since its introduction and they haven't made any improvements to it (not to mention, it's possibly the worst redesign of notification shade since the introduction of Android, it takes up more space and lets you do less than what it was in Android 10).

The whole reason I moved to Pixel was because I got annoyed of the buggy experience of my Realme phone. And to say the least, the experience, in terms of bugs, has been underwhelming.

20k for the buds pr
20k for buds pro sounds atrocious. When pixel 6 goes for 46 - 47k, this doesn't make much sense. But Considering the cashback and exchange bonuses, this doesn't sound overpriced imo, considering it's a pixel device.

Attachments

• IMG_20220721_101453_164.jpg
    IMG_20220721_101453_164.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
POCO F4 (better hardware, 2 year warranty) is a better bet any day unless you want to have better security since the Pixels are on monthly security release schedule. You can also run a hardened rom like GrapheneOS on the Pixels. Some of the Samsung - A series in this price range might also be on monthly security update schedule.

And lastly, as a Pixel user, the software experience that Google has been giving me has made me swear against buying Pixels in the future. One would think that coming straight from Google and being clean Android, the experience will be superb. But my usage has been plagued by bugs. Every update introduces at least one bug which takes another 2-3 updates to fix. The recent apps button not working with third party launchers took them 8-9 months to fix when there were multiple complaints in the first month itself (Sep-Oct '21). The notification shade of Android 12 has been buggy ever since its introduction and they haven't made any improvements to it (not to mention, it's possibly the worst redesign of notification shade since the introduction of Android, it takes up more space and lets you do less than what it was in Android 10).

The whole reason I moved to Pixel was because I got annoyed of the buggy experience of my Realme phone. And to say the least, the experience, in terms of bugs, has been underwhelming.
Bugs and taking time to fix them have been the norm since the Nexus days. A character-building experience. One of the things you put up with to be on the bleeding edge and get features that will take 6 months, more or never to reach other models. ROMs aren't optimised so battery drain is something you also get in this scheme. You can play with as many ROMS as you want and even roll your own.

It always amazes me when people from iPhone want to try out android that google's phones get highly recommended because it's stock android :oops:

The one positive I can see is you get to mingle with a competent bunch of techies as opposed to laypeople with the other brands.

POCO F4 (better hardware, 2 year warranty) is a better bet any day unless you want to have better security since the Pixels are on monthly security release schedule. You can also run a hardened rom like GrapheneOS on the Pixels. Some of the Samsung - A series in this price range might also be on monthly security update schedule.
If other brands starts to provide less than 6.1 inch display. I would never consider a pixel. Samsung S series too expensive. Let's see if it gets cheaper. Otherwise in same sale 13 mini would go for 39k and with card discount nearby 36k. Instead of this pixel I may consider that.

If other brands starts to provide less than 6.1 inch display. I would never consider a pixel. Samsung S series too expensive. Let's see if it gets cheaper. Otherwise in same sale 13 mini would go for 39k and with card discount nearby 36k. Instead of this pixel I may consider that.
Ah I see! You want a smaller phone. Hardly a few options there.
Bugs and taking time to fix them have been the norm since the Nexus days. A character-building experience. One of the things you put up with to be on the bleeding edge and get features that will take 6 months, more or never to reach other models. ROMs aren't optimised so battery drain is something you also get in this scheme. You can play with as many ROMS as you want and even roll your own.

It always amazes me when people from iPhone want to try out android that google's phones get highly recommended because it's stock android :oops:

The one positive I can see is you get to mingle with a competent bunch of techies as opposed to laypeople with the other brands.
Google had failed miserably at basic bugs this time and not bleeding edge feature related bugs. Heck even I will say even MIUI did better QA this time. Even the call reception, quality and speakers are poor with these Pixel 6, 6 Pro and 6A. I'll say avoid these piece of junks unless you need better security. Much better options are available at better or same pricing.

And lastly, as a Pixel user, the software experience that Google has been giving me has made me swear against buying Pixels in the future. One would think that coming straight from Google and being clean Android, the experience will be superb. But my usage has been plagued by bugs. Every update introduces at least one bug which takes another 2-3 updates to fix.
Which Pixel is that ? Our experience has been the opposite. My spouse loves her Pixel 2 XL which is her Primary phone and has been working great so far. As the official support ended last year, we have been waiting patiently for G to launch something after 4A. So I gifted her the Pixel 6A today. It came to 30k after exchange with an old Samsung M51 and the Axis card discount, which isn't bad. Lets see once we have it at hand.

Bugs and taking time to fix them have been the norm since the Nexus days. A character-building experience. One of the things you put up with to be on the bleeding edge and get features that will take 6 months, more or never to reach other models. ROMs aren't optimised so battery drain is something you also get in this scheme.
Recent apps button is hardly bleeding edge feature, it's been there in Android forever. Notification shade might be. It would have been slightly more acceptable if it was an actual improvement, but they actually made the notification shade less functional AND introduced bugs in it.

Battery life was very poor initially, improved somewhat after Jan or Feb update. I used to think it was because of smaller battery, but then I saw that my wife's Xiaomi 11 lite's 33% bigger battery gives 100% more runtime. That's when I realized how poorly optimized Pixel's software is. Even after the update, Xiaomi's battery lasts much longer. That too when she watches a lot of YouTube and I hardly ever open any videos.

I would be ok with everything if the phone was cheaper. But as it stands now, I overpaid for this phone and got subpar build quality, very poor software experience, all for no ads and faster updates. Just not worth it.

60? I remember reading somewhere as 90Hz.
No it's 60.
Which Pixel is that ? Our experience has been the opposite. My spouse loves her Pixel 2 XL which is her Primary phone and has been working great so far. As the official support ended last year, we have been waiting patiently for G to launch something after 4A. So I gifted her the Pixel 6A today. It came to 30k after exchange with an old Samsung M51 and the Axis card discount, which isn't bad. Lets see once we have it at hand.
Pixel 2 xl exchange value is much higher than Samsung m51

Surprised to see bad experiences with Pixels. My first one was 2XL, and got the 4a once 2XLs screen broke.
Been pretty good so far. Yes, I do get rare slowdowns, but a quick restart fixes them.
Nothing i haven't seen on iPhone too. I have an office given iPhone 12, and it has hung up on my thrice. The screen just wouldn't light up. Hard to hard restart.
Pretty much like any other electronic device. Mostly great, some minor niggles here and there.
I love the Pixel experience, excellent camera (Google's image AI surpasses iPhone IMO. The 4a camera pics easily go hand in hand or better than the main camera of iPhone 13 (wife carries one, and I compared many during our recent vacation). No bloat, one handed use of 4a (6a is obviously bigger), decent battery (really bad comparing to iPhones though).
The pricing is pretty shit tbh. 6a is not worth more than 30-32k. 35k if you're streching your budget. Anything else and import a Pixel 6/Pro.

Back