Please suggest 5.1ch DVD Home Theatre System

You an check HTIB of Onkyo and yamaha. Onkyo HTS 3200 is a good deal with a AV reciever and 5.1 speakers. you can purchase an lg DVD for around 2900/-. Although you will have to stretch your budget but it will sound better than any other system. I love music and beleive that AV recivers put that extra zing in the sound but that's my own perception.

Onkyo HT-3300 is now on offer for 24999. Wonderful reviews. Good VFM entrylevel HTIB. Way above sony, lg systems. Check them before you want to buy other brands! Or Philips 3571 apprx 18999 (you may get it at less price though) also has good reviews. Bang for buck!!

The Philips 3571 was retailing for ~14k+ at the Big Bazaar outlet during the recent sale they've had. And the HTIB system seems to rival entry level Onkyo HTS systems. Might be worth a shot.

rather than going for a HTIB, go for onkyo or a similar setup wherein you can attach any DVD player. I have a Sony HTIB since last 4 years and the DVD player is giving me problems. now the amplifier is inside the DVD player only, so for a 5.1 channel sound I have to play the DVD in the DVD player, which is not working properly...the speakers are working fine but can't get a new DVD player.

also this one has a two channel Audio In at the back, currently i route the audio from my PS3 in two channels to the DVD player...only if i had something like Onkyo S3000, I would have had more flexibility with my sources and maybe speakers too....

What i am trying to say is complicated. Please feel free to ask for any clarifications..

GO FOR PHILPS 3571. It's a NO BRAINER. Entry level Onkyo/Yamaha are no good. IMHO 3571 beats all of them. It will cost u 14.5-15K. U save 8-10K, which u can utilise better over Good DVDs OR even on a blu-ray player. And Don't go for any Sony/Samsung HT. Sony is overpriced Crap and Samm is plain Crap. And, I say all this from personal experience.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ xxjayxx
Dude O Dude, :rofl:, ur signature........:lol:, It's a sad truth though.

Kevin Lane said:
GO FOR PHILPS 3571. It's a NO BRAINER. Entry level Onkyo/Yamaha are no good. IMHO 3571 beats all of them. It will cost u 14.5-15K. U save 8-10K, which u can utilise better over Good DVDs OR even on a blu-ray player. And Don't go for any Sony/Samsung HT. Sony is overpriced Crap and Samm is plain Crap. And, I say all this from personal experience.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ xxjayxx
Dude O Dude, :rofl:, ur signature........:lol:, It's a sad truth though.

Philips 3571 is good too.
What about its dvd player? Does it also function like as moshel informed after couple of years? A dvd player along with HT is worth?
Is it ok to buy a HT with separate dvd player?

logitech z-5500 retails for approx 17K. this is a good set with plenty of connectivity options. it has an LCD display for ease of use. i have been using it for about 1 yr with no complains at all

Back