Graphic Cards RX 5700 XT GPU and Hotspot temps during gaming?

PunkX 75

Adept
Just out of curiosity, what are your GPU and Hotspot temps during gaming? I have the same model and my GPU temps are around 65C during gaming, with hotspot (junction) temps around 98-108C (which is apparently normal for these cards). This is with the heat of a 40C summer with no AC.

Just out of curiosity, what are your GPU and Hotspot temps during gaming? I have the same model and my GPU temps are around 65C during gaming, with hotspot (junction) temps around 98-108C (which is apparently normal for these cards). This is with the heat of a 40C summer with no AC.
Thats absolutely not normal! You need to repaste your GPU, If my card is at 65C then Junction does not cross 70-71C.

Thats absolutely not normal! You need to repaste your GPU, If my card is at 65C then Junction does not cross 70-71C.
Apparently, for a 5700XT, it's more normal across a lot of models, and is termed as "within spec" by AMD..which is complete garbage on their part. You have an exceptional card if you don't cross 70c on junction. Even the best model of the card ( Nitro+) crosses 73C with an ambient temp of 21c. others are all 80C +

Last edited:
If you think its normal then its fine. Lets not stretch this discussion anymore since its a sales thread.
I'm not calling it normal, and I asked out of curiosity since I was getting those temps. I'm just pointing out what's out there - that doesn't mean I agree with AMD. GLWS!

My ambient is 34.
On 240hz @ 1080p, the core runs about 69 on average for me. It peaks at 73.
The junction hits a max of 112 or something.
My fan curve has been aggressive over the past 5-7 weeks at 70% on full load.
I wish I could run some games with a frame cap, otherwise this card just cranks out a lot of frames and runs warm unnecessarily.

My ambient is 34.
On 240hz @ 1080p, the core runs about 69 on average for me. It peaks at 73.
The junction hits a max of 112 or something.
My fan curve has been aggressive over the past 5-7 weeks at 70% on full load.
I wish I could run some games with a frame cap, otherwise this card just cranks out a lot of frames and runs warm unnecessarily.
Try undervolting. These cards are very iffy.

Back