Selecting HD player with given features....

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I am interested in buying HD media player & looking for the player which meets my

below mentioned requirement.

Following are the primary features I want my HD player to have:
1) Play all video and audio formats including MKV, RBVB, AVI, MPEG4, MOV
2) Able to watch video, photos & listen to audio files stored on my PC on my TV through its wireless network support.
3) True ( Full) HD video/ audio & also subtitles support
4) Support pen drive, external HD drive up to 1TB ( external HD drive of both 2.5" and 3.5" size)

It would be great if it also has following feature(s):
1) Download torrents at good speed
2) Record TV programs
3) Ability to upscale the conventional cable TV signals to HD signals
4) Comes with/ or has provision to play blue ray disc directly from the player
3) Option to customize the player for more features and better viewing

I have many personal photos which I have edited on "Picasa" software. These photos are viewed better in Picasa. So, is it possible to open Picasa on computer, and then watch it on TV through HD player?

Is streaming from computer to TV through HD player using wifi, consume any internet data?

I may be going to Bangkok. Would like to shortlist appropriate media player before that, so that I can compare the prices there and best possible price I can get in India.

So, need help....

Thanks..

All the primary features and most of the optional features are available on on almost every Network Media Tank such as the Popcorn A-110, or the newer A-200/C-200

I know that the eaget has a player called M890 (not M880) which can also record TV programs. It has an internal DVB tuner but i suppose it wont really be of any help here as it will be able to receive only the terrestrial signals (Only Doordarshan i suppose).

Thank you Praks, spacenoxx & raksrules for your valuable suggestions. I checked the prices of the players recommended:

Play on HD- 12k

Asus o!play - 8.5k

EGREAT M34A FULL HD - Rs. 9649/-

Popcorn HD player - Unable to find Indian price

(What about Xtreamer & WD TV live, I guess they have all the primary functions I require, except that they do not support RMVB. They have good forum for their products though)

I hope the players I have mentioned above also has good technical support & forums...do they?

Any suggestion which is the recommended place to buy HD player in India (Delhi) at best possible price?

Also please let me know company maufacturing Egreat players belongs to which country, which is its official site & do they have any Indian dealers.

Is streaming from computer to TV through HD player using wifi, consume any internet data?

Thanks...

Hi,

Mohit it'd good if you post the budget that you have for this !

As others have said there are many with those features as default !

There are few players from EGreat which has Recording as well !!

But whatever it is, one advice I'd give you is, Always prefer a HD Media Player with Sigma Design Chips ( Popcorn Hour,HD DUNE,Some of Egreat,HD Box etc etc) and Avoid the one's with Realtek chips as they are not as good as SD !! Also SD had far too much support with regular firmware updates which most important !! without these firmwares your HDMP is as good as dead !

The forum support with some custom firmwares are also on SD chip based devices,so all in all its THE CHOICE !!

Regards.

Maximum I can spend is 11k.

Thanks SoundsGreat, for making me aware of Sigma Design Chips. Since many are also suggesting Egreat player, I tried to search for it on google & getting multiple sites for egreat. ( egreathd.com, greatworld.com, egreatusa.com etc.). Which is correct egreat site.

Also is egreat a reputed HD player like popcorn or WD player?

By the way soundgreat, what about WD player live or xtreamer? Read lot about them...

Back