Suggest a sound system with amplifier.

ravihpa

Disciple
Hi guys,

A very good friend of mine is interested in acquiring a surround sound system (5.1 or more) for his living room. It's almost 15 feet wide. He's got a 46" Sony Bravia and an HD media player (A.C. Ryan Play-On HD). He's interested in getting one which has optical in for DTS downmix.

He mentioned Sony HT-DDW, but he's not sure about it and would be grateful if you guys could help us out in deciding the best one.

His budget right now seems to be around 15 to 20k. :)

Thanx a lot in advance. Desperately waiting for a reply :)

Hi!

I too will be eagerly waiting for replies on this thread as I need something very similar as well.

I connect my laptop to my Samsung LCD through HDMI to watch HD movies. For 720p I use a pendrive which connects directly to the LCD.

I need a 5.1 surround sound system. I am a complete noob with audio, so kindly advise which system to go for.

Also, where will I connect the system? to the laptop or to the LCD?

Budget is 15-20k.

I don't need any DVD/CD player etc...

thanks!

edit: i need the system for my bedroom (about 12x12), sparsely furnished. (single bed, study table and tv trolley). Don't know if this info matters or not, but thought I should mention it :p

edit 2: I will never use the system for music or gaming...I just need excellent surround sound for movies.

in budget of 20k go for logitech z-5500.it has a built in DAC it will directly take optical in..........an amplifier plus a decent 5.1 setup will go above 20k

Back