Suggest a washing machine within 25k max

Why does Buying a wachine machine feels like studing for IIT's and Jee Exams :p
These days its for everything around...even for a Re.1 screw..
@nRiTeCh since you have the closest equivalent machine can you confirm this behaviour?
I tried both ways. Either pause it and add more clothes or change the program or directly open the door and it pauses automatically and resumes once the door closes..

Last edited:
V-Guard VCB14-F030 Automatic Water Pressure Pump Suitable for Hot Water Circulation, Washing Machine, RO Shower- Multicolour https://amzn.eu/d/c7Y1vIt

Noiseless and strong enough to start pumping water back into the tank. I think both the inlet and outlet pipes of the loft tank are connected to the same pipe.
Where did you install this pump? in the location where the washing machine is located or elsewhere
In the manual, it was written that to minimise soap stains on clothes, we can dilute detergent powder in warm water and use it instead of putting the dry powder directly in the tray. So I diluted a scoop of detergent in a liter of hot water and put it in the washing machine before I put the clothes and started the process. And i think you can already see what happens. The machine threw out the warm soap water first and then started calculating the wash program. Lol. I got fed up and just put another scoop of detergent powder in the machine after pausing it first.
So you understand now why it is best to put the detergent in the drawer instead of directly in the drum. The trouble with detergent not dissolving has to do with a number of factors. Water temperature. Approaching or over 30C it will be ok, it's when the water is colder that powder might not dissolve completely and leave deposits. Next, is overloading and most likely reason. Last is water pressure, too low a water pressure won't dissolve powder adequately.

But people instead conclude liquid is better so they can continue to overload and experience mediocre wash quality.
I think it's hard set how it does things and very particular about it. Like an old man who doesn't like change.
If you use the programs it works in Auto Mode

As shown in the video, use the Process button and you have more control. The process should be seen as manual mode. But there is no memory so you will have to set those options for each wash.

There is no separate RInse&Spin program. You will have to set that using the Process button.
Oh, i take back the earlier comment i made about this machine not saving water. It saves a lot of water. It only takes as much water as the level of clothes in the tub. Then gradually adds little here and there and then the same in the single rinse cycle. I thought it will do 2 rinse cycles but it only does one but pours some water on the clothes during spin cycle. Probably saves 40-50 liters of water not doing that extra rinse cycle.
The Rinse+ program at #7 will add a second rinse. Personally, I think one rinse is not enough and two is better. However, if you dose correctly and do not overload you should be ok.

Levelling a top loader.jpg

Apparently levelling a top loader is much simpler than a front loader. No need for a spirit level.

I don't understand what they are trying to say here though?

Last edited:
Where did you install this pump? in the location where the washing machine is located or elsewhere
At the outlet of the loft tank inside the house. That way I can get good pressure at all taps inside the house.

I don't understand what they are trying to say here though?
Probably lost in translation. I think they are saying if the floor is not flat, to level the machine, fill it with water till the pulsator. The water should be centred around the pulsator evenly on all sides. If it isn't, turn the screws on the legs.

Why does Buying a wachine machine feels like studing for IIT's and Jee Exams :p
Tell me your ideas. How would you do it. How would you simplify things?
At the outlet of the loft tank inside the house. That way I can get good pressure at all taps inside the house.
This is the important part. The pump is located inside the house and is an easy install to solve the problem of low water pressure.
Probably lost in translation. I think they are saying if the floor is not flat, to level the machine, fill it with water till the pulsator. The water should be centred around the pulsator evenly on all sides. If it isn't, turn the screws on the legs.
yeah, that is what I understood and it's a great idea. The image confused me. The level is important to reduce out of balance spins and that has a bearing on the life of the shocks.

Can't complain too much since they still offer their manuals online unlike many others.

Last edited:
Tell me your ideas. How would you do it. How would you simplify things?

This is the important part. The pump is located inside the house and is an easy install to solve the problem of low water pressure.

yeah, that is what I understood and it's a great idea. The image confused me.

Can't complain too much since they still offer their manuals online unlike many others.
I would have not be on this forum if I had answer to this :p

If water isn't assured then you have to keep buckets ready. This is a different LG model but the idea should be the same

Level 5 works out to 42 litres for the wash. Presumably, you will need another 42 litres for the rinse too but he does not show the rinse. Only wash.

There is a certain way to set it up so the IE or no water error does not trigger

Around 13:50 he shows how to disable the lid sensor with a magnet so it's possible to video with the lid open :D

I told the guy I was tired of seeing Indian wash action videos with the door shut so he made it happen. This must be the only open-lid YT video from this country.

So LG does not do the Sammy clockwise and then anti-clockwise movement but shakes things a bit more. That should help a little more with stains I guess. To increase the intensity of the shake there are settings. Normal is the default. Heavy would be more intensive.

This is not a DD model btw, just a Turbo drum with jet spray T80SJBK1Z

Last edited:
I also did a mistake after reading the manual.
In the manual, it was written that to minimise soap stains on clothes, we can dilute detergent powder in warm water and use it instead of putting the dry powder directly in the tray. So I diluted a scoop of detergent in a liter of hot water and put it in the washing machine before I put the clothes and started the process. And i think you can already see what happens. The machine threw out the warm soap water first and then started calculating the wash program. Lol. I got fed up and just put another scoop of detergent powder in the machine after pausing it first. I think it's hard set how it does things and very particular about it. Like an old man who doesn't like change.
I had to look this one up to understand the RIGHT way and found a useful YT comment

one mistake I see.. never add detergent (Liquids) before adding water. If the machine is idle and you pour in a thin liquid it will go down the drain. Don't believe me pour some water in an idle machine and watch it disappear. My dad made washers for Roper (who made Kitchenaid, Whirlpool, GE, Kenmore, Roper, Frigidaire, Maytag really any american brand) in the 70's and 80's and he'd tell us to make sure the washer had started and some water was in it before adding detergent or you were pouring it down the drain. He would have known, he made them for 50 years. Just another tip he said the less bells and whistles the better the washer.
In other words, draining out any existing liquid before filling is normal behaviour for a top loader.

So, until it starts to fill with water don't add any detergent. Only once the water enters then you know the drain pump is disengaged.

I think this is a top-load thing. I usually add to the drawer so can't tell if it applies to front loaders as well.

There is an alternative way to using a top loader but I think it makes it harder to gauge loads. The comment goes on to say...

It is better to add detergent and any add-ons like bleach or Oxi Clean and let the washer fill completely and allow all to stir up and then add clothes. That way no undiluted product hits the clothing. Bleach and some detergent will eat holes in your clothes if poured on full strength. I guess I am a little rigid with my routine just due to what my dad would tell us.
She suggests letting the machine fill with water, adding the detergent and letting it stir until fully dissolved before adding clothes. I don't know if that will work with auto.

Maybe that is why they said to dissolve in some water and then add it. But do so only after the water starts filling

This all seems like extra work from an era where machines did not come with a detergent drawer. You have one. Use it. When the weather is colder you will have to use liquids as there is no internal heater in your machine.

Last edited:
I was doing it like that for my old samsung wm.
It never threw out the soap water before it started. I think Samsung put some thought into programming their machine like how normal people use it. I could easily pour hot water in it, wait for 5-10 minutes till the next batch of water got hot and pour it in the drum and a good wash in winter. Now no chance of doing anything like that.

These new wm's have 7-8 water levels. The old one has only 3. Very low, low and high. The new ones have 7. I tried yesterday to manually set the water level and wasted a lot of water. I went by the LG manual which said the usual level is 6 (which is another lie). After filling, the water level 6 is like high level of old wm. This #6 level was just an inch below the top edge of the steel drum. I washed 2 blankets in the water and they were floating in it easily. The usual level is probably 3 or 4 which is just around the lint filter.

I was doing it like that for my old samsung wm.
It never threw out the soap water before it started.
Your Samsung was behaving in a non-standard way then.

Why it drains first is to remove any presumably dirty water before filling it with fresh. I don't know the exact reason but the previous post establishes the standard operation of these top loaders.
I think Samsung put some thought into programming their machine like how normal people use it.
I wonder if present-day Samsung top loaders also behave like that.

Can you confirm @gopal_agrawal ? whether if there is any water in the machine and you then start it whether it will first drain the water before filling?
I could easily pour hot water in it, wait for 5-10 minutes till the next batch of water got hot and pour it in the drum and a good wash in winter. Now no chance of doing anything like that.
Let the water come in. Hit pause. Fill with hot water. Go get the next batch ready. Fill. When ready hit play. Does that work?

These new wm's have 7-8 water levels. The old one has only 3. Very low, low and high. The new ones have 7. I tried yesterday to manually set the water level and wasted a lot of water. I went by the LG manual which said the usual level is 6 (which is another lie). After filling, the water level 6 is like high level of old wm. This #6 level was just an inch below the top edge of the steel drum. I washed 2 blankets in the water and they were floating in it easily. The usual level is probably 3 or 4 which is just around the lint filter.
Level 6 seems to be the default if you manually select with the water level button. Otherwise, water level would be based weight sensing
LG top load water levels.jpg

The diagram is not to scale but if level 6 is already 51L of water then that sounds right for an inch below the rim

Last edited:
Manually if i select water level, i don't find a difference between 5 and 6. Both fill to the same height. Same with 3 and 4. I'm guessing only in fully automatic mode it can do the extra levels.

That filling water and pausing it to add hot water works. It takes a drum turn with the clothes to determine the water level and fills again for a second and stops filling water.

Your Samsung was behaving in a non-standard way then.
Maybe. But I like that way. That way is more easy. We can soak clothes for half an hour and then start the machine or during tub clean, we can fill the tub with hot water first and then put the powder inside and wait for an hour or two before starting the tub clean program.
This all seems like extra work from an era where machines did not come with a detergent drawer. You have one. Use it.
I used the detergent drawer and it pours detergent powder along with water directly on clothes and leaves white spots on tee shirts or blankets etc. Decided to never use again. From now on, i let the tub fill to the pulsator and then pause it and add dissolved detergent to the water. Top load detergent don't dissolve completely in one go unfortunately. Surf Excel dissolves completely but it doesn't clean clothes as well as Ariel or Tide. I think surf only colours clothes blue to make them look white. Tide probably has some bleach in it, hence the spots on clothes. Ariel is too costly.

Last edited:
But I like that way. That way is more easy. We can soak clothes for half an hour and then start the machine or during tub clean, we can fill the tub with hot water first and then put the powder inside and wait for an hour or two before starting the tub clean program.
Just have to get used to a different way of working.

You said you can pause and add hot water. So the next question is how long can that pause last?

What if you left it to pause for 30 minutes or an hour? What happens?

I think it's easier if once the machine completes filling with water you switch the power off at the mains. Then when it has soaked long enough to turn the power on. It should auto-resume.

Another way is you power off the machine by pressing its power button. When you switch it back on, does it detect the soaked water and drain it?

I don't think that might be a problem because you still have to add fresh detergent again for the wash. That is the recommended way. You seem to be washing in the same soaked solution that has already been exhausted to remove the stains :meh:

Sammy seems to recommend this behaviour with their machines. And I suppose this is how many people do it. But think about it. Manually did you ever hand wash the clothes in the same water you soaked them in?

No, I don't think so. You drained that water and then filled the bucket again and added fresh detergent. Otherwise, your stains weren't that bad to begin with which means they never needed to soak in the first place. A normal or heavy setting might have done the job.

Sammy offers a soak function even in the front loaders. LG has no concept of soaking even with their top loaders IIANM. So that is an interesting difference in philosophy

Old samsung 6.2kg machine
Diameter 43cm
Height 34cm

New LG 7.5kg machine
Diameter 44
Height 35

So almost same amount of water is used by the machine.
Something I missed earlier. I expected your 7.5kg machine to be the same size as a 7kg. But its bigger and closer to an 8kg in volume

For a start, it is wider than taller whereas this is reversed with the 7kg.

You lucked out there :happy:

Last edited:
Another way is you power off the machine by pressing its power button. When you switch it back on, does it detect the soaked water and drain it?
Yes. I tried it. It loses its previous program if we switch off the power.

I don't know how long we can pause it. Don't want my clothes to start stinking.

I don't know how long we can pause it. Don't want my clothes to start stinking.
That won't happen if they are soaking. Only if you forget them after they are spun dry

I suppose mains power off is the only way to do a soak then. Incidentally, this is how I do it with my FL as well if necessary

No, if you soak clothes in detergent water for a few hours, they start stinking like wet dog or something nasty. I don't know how to describe that smell. It doesn't go away even if you rinse the clothes 3-4 times. It just gets worse. Probably decomposition smell of cotton.

No, if you soak clothes in detergent water for a few hours, they start stinking like wet dog or something nasty. I don't know how to describe that smell. It doesn't go away even if you rinse the clothes 3-4 times. It just gets worse. Probably decomposition smell of cotton.
How long do you soak them for then?

Can you confirm @gopal_agrawal ? whether if there is any water in the machine and you then
No there is no such thing in my machine. During the spin cycle all the water is drained out. So next time when I start the machine there is no water. But it has a program called Aqua Preserve not sure what it does as I have never used it.

No there is no such thing in my machine. During the spin cycle all the water is drained out. So next time when I start the machine there is no water.
Not spin cycle.

Put some water in the machine, then turn it on. Since this is a test, don't put any clothes in the machine.

Then select a cycle as normal and let it fill. What happens?

Does it drain the water you added earlier. Or does it just add water without draining.

But it has a program called Aqua Preserve not sure what it does as I have never used it.
Not referring to that

It's because of the bacterial growth

All bacteria do not die during soaking,

once the washing agent has disintegrated the bucket with fabric in it becomes a breeding ground for micro organisms including fungus as well.

Any stagnated waterbody goes bad after a while, due to this same reason.
^that is the human answer which makes sense

Next is the ChatGPI one

ChatGPT
There could be a few reasons why your clothes are smelling bad after soaking in detergent for 24 hours. Some possible causes include:
  • The detergent you are using is expired or has been contaminated with bacteria.
  • You are not rinsing your clothes thoroughly enough after soaking them in detergent.
  • You are not washing your clothes at a high enough temperature to kill bacteria.
  • You are not drying your clothes properly after washing them.
    To avoid these issues in the future, I would recommend using a fresh and high-quality detergent, rinsing your clothes thoroughly after soaking them, washing your clothes at a high temperature, and properly drying your clothes after washing them.
1. Wrong
2. Maybe but more wrong than right
3. Possible but high enough here means 60 degrees at least and you don't need to wash on hot all the time.
4. Unrelated. I mean its correct if you find the clothes smelling in a cupboard but does not explain why it smells after soaking for too long

Sorry, the human wins :happy:

Now, how to solve this stink problem?

A cap of that in the fabric softener compartment, so it's used in the last rinse and then left to soak for twenty minutes, which should kill off any bacteria. You need dwell time to kill bacteria. A minimum of ten minutes or ideally twenty.

The trouble is this product is no longer available and the substitute also from Dettol costs much more because its an import from the UK.

Savlon has an equivalent. Similar QATS composition as the Dettol for cheaper than Dettol charged. Maybe that's why Dettol pulled their earlier product.

They say to add it in with the wash. But that is misleading. Looking at the directions at the back of the Savoln bottle, it's to be used in the same manner ie. the last rinse cycle as mentioned above.

I've heard some people just add a cap of regular Dettol to the wash. I don't think that will be as effective as a dedicated product like the above.

Last edited:
Back