Suggest a wifi PMP

roxysmile

Tough Luck :P
Disciple
ok so i was in search for a mobile with wifi(coz browsing is my main need) and selected samsung spica coz of Android and 12k price tag

Asked around many mobile shops and couldnt find the phone .

Now i have decided to buy a PMP like ipod or something else with wifi and a decent browser . so please suggest guys . Budget : within 12k

- iPod Touch 8GB (32GB new piece might cost a bit more than your budget). But I would advise you to wait on the iPod Touch for just another couple of months, until September anyway when Apple releases its new range of iPod Touch upgrades.

- Zune HD

the 8 GB ipod touch is 2G ? or 3G ? i googled and found out that 3G has faster processor , more ram and better graphics chip .

Btw when apple launches new range of ipod ( 4G probably ) can we expect a price drop ?

Not necessarily... the retailers MIGHT drop prices a bit but generally Apple products just get replaced at the same price point. Also .. i'd say that 8 GBis VERY less. Once you get around to putting movies , games , music .. you'll get over with the space too quickly. I'd suggest that you save up a bit then buy the new 32GB version in September.

roxysmile said:
the 8 GB ipod touch is 2G ? or 3G ? i googled and found out that 3G has faster processor , more ram and better graphics chip .

Btw when apple launches new range of ipod ( 4G probably ) can we expect a price drop ?
There is not 3G 8gb version, 3rd gen comes only on 32/64 gigs, 32 might set you back 13-14k

dhruvrock2000 said:
Not necessarily... the retailers MIGHT drop prices a bit but generally Apple products just get replaced at the same price point. Also .. i'd say that 8 GBis VERY less. Once you get around to putting movies , games , music .. you'll get over with the space too quickly. I'd suggest that you save up a bit then buy the new 32GB version in September.

8gb will be fine for me as my usual playlist takes about 700mb and as for movies , provided i will encode them for lower resolution will be around 400mb per movie ? and i carry 3-4 movie max

My main focus is on browsing , it should be decent enough like in android phones as i will be pairing it with college Wifi as my laptop will be a pain to carry to college everyday. i already have a sensei (cheap pmp like u see in mp4nation.net) of 8gb flash memory , plays movies excellently.

Any Phone suggestion are also welcome ( should have wifi and a decent browser, budget 12k ) , anything other feature is just a :hap2:

First getting 8Gb ipod touch is not recommended. Reason is that it gets full very fast and given the wide range of games and apps, you will be reorganizing things every now and then. If you want to go for ipod touch, go for 32Gb one.

Another thing is that 8Gb though is termed 3rd gen has second gen hardware. This was in Jan-Fed time. It should've go the newer hardware by now.

Back