Windows Tried Windows 10 (it's awesome). Should i go for windows 11 on new PC?

Install Windows 10 or Windows 11on new PC?

Votes: 26 55.3%

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, don't want to start a new thread.

I have a 1 year old HP Pavilion. I get a free upgrade to Windows 11. I use Ubuntu dual boot but Windows 10 for regular work. I am a bit worried about not upgrading to Windows 11. The main concern is I do not know enough Windows 11 to mention in my Resume. I guess that is ok for another year, but soon people would think that using Windows 10 is outdated. I do not use much software on Windows 10 and can easily upgrade to Windows 11. My only concern is battery backup.

Do you think that not knowing Windows 11 will at some point prove bad when we opt for a career upgrade?

If you're going to be gaming it has to be 11. As mentioned by other members if you're on new hardware it has be 11.
But 11 still has some bugs, and if you have a little bit older hardware (> 3 years old), you can go for 10. It's nice and stable.

Been trying Windows 10 since November 2022 now and extremely happy over Windows 7 (no doubt)
Going to reformat tomorrow to setup new SSD as primary OS drive.

Are those pesky Windows 11 issues solved ?
Or
Any advantages of using Windows 11 over Windows 10 for a work PC along with entertainment.

Last edited:
Been trying Windows 10 since November 2022 now and extremely happy over Windows 7 (not doubt)
Going to reformat tomorrow to setup new SSD as primary OS drive.

Are those pesky Windows 11 issues solved ?
Or
any advantages of using Windows 11 over Windows 10 for a work PC along with entertainment.
No advantage over 11 from work or general perspective....stick to 10 and live hassle-free life! Win12 is on the cards...

Last edited:
I am not sure where the mindset of Windows 11 being buggy comes from, I've used it personally for over a year now, and I've deployed it over 100 desktops across multiple client networks, all our Laptops also run Windows 11 as well, we have not seen a bug that was specific to Windows 11, ever since we deployed it over 2 years ago!
It's been 3 years since Windows 11 was released, and yes the initial build might have been buggy which is expected with OS as advanced as Windows, but there have been no severe bugs in Windows 11 after 20H1 updates, We are currently on 22H2 I believe and its rock stable.
So if your hardware is compatible please upgrade to Windows 11.

I found an added advantage for trying windows 11. My old windows 10 keys bought from this site, can easily be usable on windows 11 as well

Just came here to log my feeling about wasting Sunday on upgrading to windows 11 and then reverse turn it to windows 10.
I'm not talking about bug/feature (can't hold that much time to figure out). They're becoming aggressive on data collection, ad pushing and aero glass theming, different accent color within single page, lagging animation. UI is still mixture of their windows 10 and goes back to XP. I get it why microsoft can't suddenly change UI but I'm gonna say it "it's shit". peace

Set taskbar alignment to left in taskbar settings, then it becomes pretty similar to windows 10.

New features makes it worth it like in built screen recorder, tabs in file explorer etc etc.

Looks smooth, feels stable to me, no issues. 6hrs backup on laptop.

Back