What Investment mistakes you made that you want others to avoid?

Not investing in Bitcoin was not a mistake.
An action is a mistake where sufficient due diligence/research could have given you proper information and you could have made a more informed decision. But you either choose to be lazy or trust the wrong person, that is a mistake.

Any amount of due diligence or research could not have told you the future of crypto. Since there was no way you could have gotten this information at that point, your actions were not a mistake with the perspective of the information you possessed or could have possessed. It looks like a mistake only with the gift of hindsight.

If you start evaluating your past actions with the information you have today, you'll find you've made a lot of mistakes but you won't have any resources to correct those mistakes. So you should evaluate your actions only with respect to the information you did or could have possessed at the time the action was taken.

Seemingly, Crypto was a miss for me even though lot of investment opportunities arrived and i let it stray away.. again, i was driven by lot of socio-uncle gentlemen's who said crypto is just another scam.. should i had invest early in crypto, i would have been living my life now..
That would have been called gambling not investment IMO.

Sorry if my comment hurt someone feelings but I believe only in fundamentals.

The faster it comes the faster it goes.

Well, the people who did earned money and
You're calling it gambling but I'm willing to call it a scam.

Just spending 10 minutes to look into cryptocurrency is enough to tell any knowledgeable person what it actually is.
Anything even- fundamental and which looks less risky could turn out to be scam. Eg. Ruchi- soya scam, yes Bank, etc etc..there is no assurance...Crypto, as of whole had made numerous millionaires who had gauged the risk and put investment in right time.. it's just matter of timing on who missed and who earned ..

Yeah. That's exactly how scams work.
Scam which is going stable from last 10 years and making people rich?? Don't you think that it's just people mindset who couldn't gain anything out of it?? It is same for every other aspects of life where you hit or miss.. we cannot call all of such circumstances as scams!!

Last edited:
Ugh. You're just parroting the points from cryptobros. I've seen these mindless arguments hundreds of times now.

Scam which is going stable from last 10 years and making people rich??
Bernie Madoff ran his scam for nearly 20 years.
Far too many people have lost money in crypto than people who have gotten rich from it. Do you want me to list all the crypto stuff that have gotten hacked or shutdown (rug pulled as cryptobros call it) in just last year alone?

Don't you think that it's just people mindset who couldn't gain anything out of it?? It is same for every other aspects of life where you hit or miss..
Oh sure. Go ahead and blame 'mindset' when you have no other argument left.

we cannot call all of such circumstances as scams!!
Yeah we can. At least I can. There's literally nothing cryptocurrency has got that will make it legitimate investment.

Anything even- fundamental and which looks less risky could turn out to be scam. Eg. Ruchi- soya scam, yes Bank, etc etc..there is no assurance...Crypto, as of whole had made numerous millionaires who had gauged the risk and put investment in right time.. it's just matter of timing on who missed and who earned ..

Ah. The myth of timing the market. Unless you're an insider, no-one can time the market. You can study, make rational or irrational judgements, but you can't time the market.

My take on investment would be like this -
I would invest on something which has some value. That value can be less now and can increase later, so my investment value increases. If it decreases, then, my investment value decreases. Yes bank does have a value. It was more couple of years back, now, its less. Yes bank still runs good number of branches. Its not a scam.

Cryptos doesn't have value at current point of time. People/Investment banks betting with big money on it are thinking that it might get some value in the future. So, its like building castles in the air without foundation. A lot of speculation is going around these things. A large number of small retailers do not go into these details and when they starts to speculate and buy them, demand for these cryptos increase and subsequently, their price (NOT VALUE). And, this is called scam.

Unless Developed Govts give some backing to cryptos, this is just a fool transferring money to bigger fool.

Ugh. You're just parroting the points from cryptobros. I've seen these mindless arguments hundreds of times now.

Bernie Madoff ran his scam for nearly 20 years.
Far too many people have lost money in crypto than people who have gotten rich from it. Do you want me to list all the crypto stuff that have gotten hacked or shutdown (rug pulled as cryptobros call it) in just last year alone?

Oh sure. Go ahead and blame 'mindset' when you have no other argument left.

Yeah we can. At least I can. There's literally nothing cryptocurrency has got that will make it legitimate investment.
Quoting Bernie Madoff, do you say that Punjab National scam was legit and people deserve that?? Isn't it was most secure and government back bank?? It was simply a daylight robbery with EVERYONE's consent!! You don't know which could be next..

Can u list atleast few legit schemes where people got rich or at-least got stability of their vetted investment as per your preservations??

I have seen, most of the folks who talks against crypto are the one get on with maximum investments in crypto under the slack...

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoting Bernie Madoff, do you say that Punjab National scam was legit and people deserve that?? Isn't it was most secure and government back bank?? It was simply a daylight robbery with EVERYONE's consent!! You don't know which could be next..

Can u list atleast few legit schemes where people got rich or at-least got stability of their vetted investment as per your preservations??

I have seen, most of the folks who talks against crypto are the one get on with maximum investments in crypto under the slack...
1. How can a scam be legit. Jesus Christ. What are you even trying to say?
2. We have regulatory authorities that deal with scams like Punjab National. And thanks for naming one scam. Now tell us what's happening with Mt. Gox, Quadriga, Bitconnect, Terra & Luna, Celcius, USI, Freeway? These are just big or recent ones from what I remember. If I started looking I'll find a dozen more scams and rugpulls. And that's not even counting the blatant pump & dumps happen on a daily basis in cryptosphere.

I am suprised that @dafreaking also spoked about his miss on Bitcoin when this thread was started and almost all reacted with positive note.. however, when a recruit like me has posted his note, all stomed him

1. How can a scam be legit. Jesus Christ. What are you even trying to say?
2. We have regulatory authorities that deal with scams like Punjab National. And thanks for naming one scam. Now tell us what's happening with Mt. Gox, Quadriga, Bitconnect, Terra & Luna, Celcius, USI, Freeway? These are just big or recent ones from what I remember. If I started looking I'll find a dozen more scams and rugpulls. And that's not even counting the blatant pump & dumps happen on a daily basis in cryptosphere.
Some facts: u can visit here and see the countries where crypto is legal to use.. i hope they are well aware about the scams, which you did/wanted to mention before they decided for the act

This should clarify your doubts, I hope!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am suprised that @dafreaking also spoked about his miss on Bitcoin when this thread was started and almost all reacted with positive note.. however, when a recruit like me has posted his note, all stomed him

Some facts: u can visit here and see the countries where crypto is legal to use.. i hope they are well aware about the scams, which you did/wanted to mention before they decided for the act

What even is point of this comment?

Frauds and scams are committed using Rupee or Dollar or other currencies as well. By your logic those are not scams because those currencies are still in use.

Legal standing of cryptocurrencies does not negate the fact that they are mostly used for scamming and those scammers are very rarely brought to justice because there's no legal framework to deal with such scams or because those scammers are from some other country from where they can not be extradited or because no one knows their identity.

Guys please comment on my portfolio.
Is there anything I should be doing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221112-103714711.jpg
    Screenshot_20221112-103714711.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 167
Guys please comment on my portfolio.
Is there anything I should be doing?
2 Mid cap funds are not necessary. Should be just one mid cap fund or one large & mid cap fund.

Also, I see sector specific funds, but those are generally not recommended for average investors. And if you're knowledgeable in particular sectors, you're better off buying actual stocks from those sectors.

Anyway, I'd suggest keeping the ELSS fund, only one mid cap fund or replace mid cap funds with a large and mid cap fund to keep up with market cycles.
Invest in an index fund, and if you want diversification then you can also invest an international index fund.

Mutual fund categorization for reference: https://www.amfiindia.com/investor-...BI-categorization-of-mutual-fund-schemes.html

The FTX fiasco again proves that none of this matters, the founders have deep enough pockets (with investors money) to use expensive lawyers who will use legal loopholes to avoid any consequences.

2 Mid cap funds are not necessary. Should be just one mid cap fund or one large & mid cap fund.

Also, I see sector specific funds, but those are generally not recommended for average investors. And if you're knowledgeable in particular sectors, you're better off buying actual stocks from those sectors.

Anyway, I'd suggest keeping the ELSS fund, only one mid cap fund or replace mid cap funds with a large and mid cap fund to keep up with market cycles.
Invest in an index fund, and if you want diversification then you can also invest an international index fund.

Mutual fund categorization for reference: https://www.amfiindia.com/investor-...BI-categorization-of-mutual-fund-schemes.html
Thanks.can you suggest a good index fund?
you are doing too much. simplify. buy one nifty 50 index fund and one nifty junior 50 index fund.
Suggest please

Last edited:
Back