Where to find TV deals?

its been a while since we bought any TVs but I'm looking into replacing our living room TV, and while I know which model I'll grab (mostly will be a C3 since G3 is way too expensive and C4 doesnt have much difference from C3), I want to know where do folks find deals for TV? I have seen TE members posting some incredible prices for their LG OLED models but havent found prices matching them anywhere. I can wait for a while so thats not an issue but I want to minimize costs as much as possible. I was thinking of waiting till Diwali and see if any sales come up. Is Diwali the best time for deals? Also any recommendations for an OLED aside from LG?

Specs I'm going for are a 55''/65'' LG C3/G3

yes it'd be better to wait till Dussehra/Deepawali if you can. in stores you can find better deals than online (and sometimes better deals in smaller stores than in big retail chains).

rival models are samsung's s90c/s95c (more popular than c3/g3 but i prefer the latter) & sony's a80l/a95l (better upscaling & motion than lg/samsung but not as bright part. the a80l, though you may not need so much brightness too. a80l might be a little tough to find). panasonic too has very good models but tough to find & costlier.

(if the samsung-sets interest you, then you may check if they're currently providing corporate-discount on their corporate website under 'repackaged sale'. sometimes even some stores have offers on samsung OLEDs. you'll have to keep visiting retail stores.)

HTH..
all the best!

OLED prices in Bengaluru when I checked in 1st week of May:

C3 42" seems out of stock
C3 48" 88.75k after card offers (LG showroom)
C3 55" 118.75k after card offers (LG showroom)
G3 55" 138k (Reliance Digital & LG) - a friend bought it for 135k during Diwali from LG showroom though

AMC Platinum plan -
C3 48" - 17k with taxes
C3 55" - 25k with taxes
Acc. to their AMC brochure, platinum & platinum plus are merged. So this platinum plan includes upto one time per year panel replacement in case of any damage for the whole 5 years (they said it includes burn in, smearing, etc but not physical damages).

Sony A80L 55" - 151k - Reliance

I bought a 48" C3 whereas my friend bought 55" C3 this month. You might get similar prices for C4 & G4, likely at +5-8k during Diwali. Your call if you want to wait. Check rtings.com for reviews.

OLED prices in Bengaluru when I checked in 1st week of May:

C3 42" seems out of stock
C3 48" 88.75k after card offers (LG showroom)
C3 55" 118.75k after card offers (LG showroom)
G3 55" 138k (Reliance Digital & LG) - a friend bought it for 135k during Diwali from LG showroom though

AMC Platinum plan -
C3 48" - 17k with taxes
C3 55" - 25k with taxes
Acc. to their AMC brochure, platinum & platinum plus are merged. So this platinum plan includes upto one time per year panel replacement in case of any damage for the whole 5 years (they said it includes burn in, smearing, etc but not physical damages).

Sony A80L 55" - 151k - Reliance

I bought a 48" C3 whereas my friend bought 55" C3 this month. You might get similar prices for C4 & G4, likely at +5-8k during Diwali. Your call if you want to wait. Check rtings.com for reviews.
Those are some really good prices there, unfortunately the cheapest I have found a C2 55'' going for is 1.44L :/, I guess I need to wait for sales afterall, btw did you grab that platinum plan? is it worth it?
btw folks, how do y'all check for dead pixels or anything on the TV? make then umbox it in the showroom and them check there? anything else I should keep in mind while buying a TV?
(if the samsung-sets interest you, then you may check if they're currently providing corporate-discount on their corporate website under 'repackaged sale'. sometimes even some stores have offers on samsung OLEDs. you'll have to keep visiting retail stores.)
I wish I had a corporate account with Samsung :/

Last edited:
Those are some really good prices there, unfortunately the cheapest I have found a C2 55'' going for is 1.44L :/, I guess I need to wait for sales afterall, btw did you grab that platinum plan? is it worth it?
btw folks, how do y'all check for dead pixels or anything on the TV? make then umbox it in the showroom and them check there? anything else I should keep in mind while buying a TV?

I wish I had a corporate account with Samsung :/
If it is a tier 1 city, just negotiate. C3 55" started at 1.5L in most places, I just said that I know its price is around 1.2L. All the places dropped from 1.5L to 1.2-1.3L. Visit LG showroom as well.

I purchased the platinum plan for peace of mind.

If it is a tier 1 city, just negotiate. C3 55" started at 1.5L in most places, I just said that I know its price is around 1.2L. All the places dropped from 1.5L to 1.2-1.3L. Visit LG showroom as well.
ah, so they dropped prices after you started negotiating with them? that sounds good, I figured they are quoting me higher prices because its not a sale period and that they'll give me decent deals around dussehra/diwali.

I purchased the platinum plan for peace of mind.
so, TV + plat plan cost 89k for the plat plan?

By displaying solid pattern primary colour (red, green, blue, white) wallpaper on full screen one by one. Dead pixel should appear like a fixed black dot in one of these wallpaper.
yeah, thats what I do, open up a PPT -> slideshow -> fullscreen and rotate slides, but my question was do you unbox the tv right in the shop and check it for dead pixels etc?
if you have any friend with one, you can take their help.
yeah, I'll ask around thanks

yeah, thats what I do, open up a PPT -> slideshow -> fullscreen and rotate slides, but my question was do you unbox the tv right in the shop and check it for dead pixels etc?
The unboxing/installation is done at customer's home only I think after which technician is supposed to turn on the Tv & show it to customer at which point one can use usb drive to display those wallpapers to check the display. In any case, any company usually has a min no. of dead pixels policy beyond which only they accept rma.

ah, so they dropped prices after you started negotiating with them? that sounds good, I figured they are quoting me higher prices because its not a sale period and that they'll give me decent deals around dussehra/diwali.

so, TV + plat plan cost 89k for the plat plan?
89k + 17k = 106k, got no cost EMI as well, so opted for that.
The unboxing/installation is done at customer's home only I think after which technician is supposed to turn on the Tv & show it to customer at which point one can use usb drive to display those wallpapers to check the display. In any case, any company usually has a min no. of dead pixels policy beyond which only they accept rma.
Correct

For me installation took 3 days as they didn't have a table stand for TV in stock (it is not inside the box). Stand is quite sturdy.

@OMEGA44-XT do you have an idea for the 48'' C3/C4 models? we measured the space for the TV and 55'' is a little too big for it (there's barely any space left) and 48'' seems to be perfect and I checked on LG's site and the c3 is available for 1.1L, if the price will go down by 10-20k then I'll grab it during sale otherwise I'll buy it now, G3/G4 are way too expensive for me

@OMEGA44-XT do you have an idea for the 48'' C3/C4 models? we measured the space for the TV and 55'' is a little too big for it (there's barely any space left) and 48'' seems to be perfect and I checked on LG's site and the c3 is available for 1.1L, if the price will go down by 10-20k then I'll grab it during sale otherwise I'll buy it now, G3/G4 are way too expensive for me
Scroll up, I did post about C3 price & to just negotiate with shops. The prices I mentioned are what you will find in all Tier 1 cities, maybe big Tier 2 cities as well.

My friend bought 55" C3 for 119k & I bought 48" C3 for 89k. For C4, wait till Diwali to get them close to that price but seeing the green tint at angles on C4 as mentioned in rtings.com, I am avoiding it. If it had MLA panel, might have been worth considering. You won't see C3 48" for 90k anywhere online, has been the case for years now. Offline is the way.

Scroll up, I did post about C3 price & to just negotiate with shops. The prices I mentioned are what you will find in all Tier 1 cities, maybe big Tier 2 cities as well.

My friend bought 55" C3 for 119k & I bought 48" C3 for 89k. For C4, wait till Diwali to get them close to that price but seeing the green tint at angles on C4 as mentioned in rtings.com, I am avoiding it. If it had MLA panel, might have been worth considering. You won't see C3 48" for 90k anywhere online, has been the case for years now. Offline is the way.
ah, I thought those were normal stock prices and not sale ones, but if the 48'' ain't won't go lower then I might as well grab that, and yeah the green tint issue was concerning but C4 has other improvements that I wanted.

@OMEGA44-XT online its a lot higher also I visited local shops and Reliance Digital all quoting above 100k inr can you tell me exactly which shop you visited and bought 48" C3 from I am also from Bangalore
LG showroom (AMBA), GB Palya. I know LG showroom Whitefield also has competitive prices because of my friend. Ask them to give the final cost with all card offers & there is some online scratch card which gives 1.5-3k off.

Back