The Fitness Thread !

Even brisk walking (the one that keeps you on the verge of being breathless) could be a great workout to begin with.
You do the same workout that you used 10 years earlier to build muscles ...
I love my old workout. Its legendary on the internet. But its a lot of volume and hence time. Also not sure I can begin with it.
Its this -> https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dougs-4-day-split-workout.html
Did this in 2010/11
I'm a huge fan of minimalist routines. It's 2 days a week, you take every set to failure, and since you're not lifting huge weights you often do not need a ton of warm-up sets either. Once you get "in the zone", you can always add more gym days or training volume or move to a more traditional routine.

Use this Jeff Nippard video as a starting point:
Looks good but seems paid and a lot of niche exercises, some machines might not be available. Plus actual stuff is paid.
"Science based" minimal workout and doing isolation exercises?
:D
:rolleyes:
Suggest something lol

Last edited:
Looks good but seems paid
He literally describes the workout in the video! You don't have to buy anything!
lot of niche exercises, some machines might not be available
Which exercises did you find niche? Even the machines mentioned were nothing fancy. I'm no fitness expert but I can try to suggest some alternatives in case your gym doesn't have a particular machine.

If your gym is particularly sparse, look at the recommended routine in the bodyweightfitness subreddit.

Oh dear, the good old muscle & strength forum! Lemme check how are the things after 15-20 years!!
EDIT :( where is the forum? Its a different website now. :cry:
Suggest something lol
Bare minimalistic workout doesn't even require a proper gym; something like below, one exercise each day, as many reps as possible till the body parts start trembling, with as many breaks/sets you want):

1) parallel bar dips (actually slight angle on bars is better on wrist and elbows and pectorals): targets pecs, anterior deltoids, triceps

2) pullups (with knees/feet not hanging down but in front making L shape): targets lats, biceps, rectus abs

3) dumbells held reverse lunges (much better than the usual lunges, details later): targets glutes, quads, obliques, slight hamstrings too

optional:
4) bent over Y raise or butterfly stroke (yes the swimming stroke with minimal weight like 1/2.5/5 kg): posterior deltoid, lateral deltoid, trapezius

5) weighted lateral flexion of neck (lying down on side): mastoid muscle, but well it affects all neck muscles. Mostly ignored by everyone at gym, but in my opinion well good to get the hulk look (thick neck) as well as stave off all posture caused neck pains

6) deadlift kind of movement with barbell/dumbell/kettleball: entire posterior chain, but will wreck recovering abilities, hence perhaps once a month?

Last edited:
Back