1% of the world uses Firefox?

<CENTER>
firefox.gif
</CENTER>

<font color="#FF9900">"Well, I just realized, from a statistical point of view, that one percent of the world population seems to have downloaded Firefox (see http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/popclockw for the current world population). Simply the fact that we can now compare Firefox usage with such numbers is a big success. But it also shows that there is still a long way to go."</font>

Source

Hmm...... me not in that 1%. Wonder what is so special abt Firfox or even Opera. I am using IE for many years(6) and am pretty happy...... Have no intention of changing to anything else in the near future...

^ Yeah, that is quite hard to believe. Anyway, I think the parameter taken into account here was the total download figure of firefox, which would be far greater than the total users of firefox. I must have downloaded firefox atleast 50 times (if you count nightly builds and old versions).

yea, i downloaded it like 20 times. if its based off that, then its not true. but i think firefox has a long way to go. A year or 2 maybe, and then FF maybe close to equaling IE.

More than that..... the thing is IE7 is going to be released in a few months time. And it is supposed to be better than FF or Opera or the old IE.

And many people like me just cannot be bothered to shift just as a fad. The whole world is using FF/Opera, so even I must use it. The whole world says that IE is bad, so dich MS IE.

NOPE.

I will stick to IE till I havea good and valid reason to change.....

Nikhil, I was exactly like you in opinion. Ditto. But I downloaded Firefox once and now I swear I wont touch IE6, IE7 is a different story altogether. Just try it once, its awesomely fast !

Nikhil said:
And many people like me just cannot be bothered to shift just as a fad. The whole world is using FF/Opera, so even I must use it. The whole world says that IE is bad, so dich MS IE.

Fad???? wat fad?? FF has tabs, n inbuilt pop up blocker, rss feeds etc. wat does ie have

FF started all this (i hate opera)
Juz open any crack sites if you want to know how bad IE is.

Back