Camera 1 Point and shoot cam and 1 Camcorder

Last edited by a moderator:
According to that comparison, SX150IS is better than S2950 and is ranked about it. Any more options worthy of consideration?

Actually no and the after sales service of FujiFilm devices is pretty spotty here in Delhi. Dunno about Bombay can be much better there.

And what is the main purpose of the camera, all-around performance OR macro-photography? I ask this because the FujiFilm cameras are better at macros whilst the Canon PowerShot SX150 IS is a better overall package and you get the advantage of CHDK.

[MENTION=33927]Is SX150IS good at macros?

Tejas has answered your query to the former. The macros of the SX150 are pretty good but the FujiFilm really excel at this, the resolution of details is much sharper but colours are a little off in my view. Please note all this is not from personal experience but rather a longish mishandling the cameras when I was in Shimla recently.

More on CHDK --> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

And what does it help in, I am a serious noob when it comes to understanding cams
CHDK-Canon Hacker's Development Kit:p

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Do you get any other lenses for the above mentioned cams?

And what does it help in, I am a serious noob when it comes to understanding cams

It allows a lot of locked features of the camera to be accessed, e.g. -- you can shoot phhotos in RAW format [for best picture quality and editing control], full HD video recording @30fps / 24fps.

Think of it as RockBOX-ing your MP3 player OR rooting your Android device.

CHDK is free software for some (not all) Canon PowerShot compact digital cameras. CHKD can give your camera new enhanced features by loading it onto the camera's memory card.
You will get more info about it here-CHDK in Brief - CHDK Wiki
Nope no extra lenses included with the cams,You will have to purchase it separately.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Do you get any other lenses for the above mentioned cams?

Does it void warranty?
It allows a lot of locked features of the camera to be accessed, e.g. -- you can shoot phhotos in RAW format [for best picture quality and editing control], full HD video recording @30fps / 24fps.

Think of it as RockBOX-ing your MP3 player OR rooting your Android device.

I wont mind purchasing it separately but are they compatible with Canon SX150IS and Fujifilm S2950? I think I will check some more reviews and go with either of the two
Nope no extra lenses included with the cams,You will have to purchase it separately.

dude I have very little experience with p&s let alone f/w hacking
but I did recommend the Panasonic DMC sz1 to a friend and was very impressed with the IQ.
no idea about the above mentioned canon model.

also p&s cameras dont come with changeable lenses...those are DSLRs

Back