10.1 LCD panel for samsung netbook N128

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

My netbook's lcd panel is damaged because of accidental pressure put on it. Screen's plastic bazel and matt finish membrane on front is intact so need only lcd panel.

If some one has replaced netbook screen for touch input, or has lcd panel of died netbook for sale, pm me or post in the thread.

(Local price of display is too much to justify, so looking for getting if from abroad or someone who has it in india e.g. on TE).

In case someone has dismantled this netbook, would like to know whether there is anything to be taken care of (seal) not to void its warranty.

I am from pune btw.

Thanks.

^^ I think the shipping + other charges will make this more expensive than the local ASC quote.....

Not sure..... what is the quote from the Samsung ASC??

global eb is best bet, i had same issue with my netbook. it costed 3900 to import.

ya i still need the display, havent bought it. Actually i had decided to get it from GEB but the sellers links mentioned by other fellow members (ofcourse to help me) turned out to be fake or poor sellers. To get service or even replacement for wrongly shipped item through GEB can become hell of a task so left that option.

I have now done quite bit of research in this area and found only screencountry.com ( with 1 yr default warranty) as viable option. My friend is coming from USA but becoz of risk involved i am inclined towards local authorised service. Got a quote of 4k from them. Using netbook atm with spare monitor and may take local route.

@ sushant, are you going to sell display separately? I was expecting price of display from service center itself to be 2.5k ( price of display for 14k netbook) but its not the case. Still 2.5k is OK expectation i guess.

@net, did you really get netbook display from USA? How was the exp? Can you link me up to original seller? I had option of getting it @ 2.7k (with coupons) but those sellers turned out to be worthless even when their feedback on ebay.com was good.

Had a talk with amarbir too couple of weeks back for checking his sources (which would allow me to make use of ebay and coupons to bring price down) but he seems to be too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back