Audio 10-15k budget for headphones and sound card

Aman27deep

Skilled
Hello everyone,

I want to purchase a good pair of headphones (both open and closed are fine) and an audio card. The purpose will be 40% gaming and 60% music/tv shows, so I don't need a primarily gaming headset.

Currently I'm looking at the pairing of Sennheiser HD 558, and the Asus Xonar DGX (because it has a dedicated headphone amplifier).

The lower I can spend the better! I'll buy the sound card first so I can test it with the Steelseries Siberia V2 which I currently own.

Thanks!

Any Asus Xonar line + Denon AH-D1100. I have D2X and D1100, and it is fabulous for movies and tv serials (my fav supernatural, lost, etc), games too it is fantastic. But note, Asus line is poor in EAX implementation (which is propriety Creative technology). Also be warned Asus has great hardware but poor drivers, UniXonar drivers has many fans and created 'not' by Asus.

been using Sennheiser HD598 along with Soundblaster Z for a few days now. the only problem that I observed so far is that the creative's control panel becomes unresponsive at times and the card doesnt sound good with headsets that have 3.5mm 4 pole jack. i.e., Skullcandy SLYR or any other gaming headset with mic.

I'm using HD 598's with Asus Xonar Essence STX, the sound is fantastic but it will sadly be out of your budget. The options you have narrowed down to seem perfectly fine for the price you are willing to spend, i'd say go for it :)

Back