10" netbooks for extended usage

vela.faltu

Disciple
Dear All,

As per your experience are 10" netbooks good for extended usage for long periods? For example for a student use where the student uses the netbook as his primary laptop for taking notes in college implies that (s)he uses the netbook for 6-8 hours daily.

1) Will this be hard on his/her eyes? As 10" size although it seems nice might prove to be a pain 1 year down the line.

2) What about keyboard usage? Would it result in finger injuries or pain in the fingers if one uses it as his/her primary laptop [Home laptop/desktop can of course be used at home but the premise is that the student will be spending most of his time in the campus (classes or library)].

Well Netbooks were originally intended to be for web surfing on the go. & for that purpose do the job.

For extended use and enhance productivity, I would recommend bumping up to atleast a 11.6" (the so called NOT books)... There are a few available in the market from Acer, Dell 11z & ThinkPad x100e... These are not only more powerful than a netbook but also have better screen and a fullsize keyboard.

I use a 10.1" netbook for watching movies,coding,surfing etc. In fact i sit in a dark room with the lappy beside me while watching movies. Eyes never felt strained.
10" netbooks are a great deal and can handle mostly everything you do everyday except gaming and other extensive applications.

Agree with Dark star. For extended usage, atleast get a 11.6" one. HP Dm1z seems to be a good alternative, but I don't know if it should be called a netbook or a notebook :)

I only have a netbook now and i sit on it minimum for a 8 hours a day.. have never fellt uncomfortable!

and the biggest advantage is that it hardly weighs more than a book!! :)

OR you could consider ultra portable laptops in your generous budget (upto 60k from your previous thread) They weigh almost the same as most netbooks but pack in serious performance :)

Go with Dark Star's suggestion. I have been using an EEEPC 1000H (10.1") for the last 3 years but I still prefer to do heavy document work on my desktop. On most of the websites, I have to zoom in to read anything comfortably. Only reason I still love it is that it is really light and easy to carry around.

Back