Windows 100 % disk usage with no apps , laptop too laggy

i always tried to reinstall the os, in case of stucked/. if cannnot find hardware fault .[DOUBLEPOST=1505940763][/DOUBLEPOST]i always tried to reinstall the os, in case of stucked/. if cannnot find hardware fault .

I found one link where Skype and Google Chrome are said to the reason behind 100% disk usage. I saw in one of the screenshots that you are running both. So, it's worth a try.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/7c5c979b-0ed0-4855-b9b8-05b9499533e2

It solved the issue for a few users, but other users reported that it did not solve the problem. You can try it.

Searching the net and reading about 100% disk usage, I noticed that there can be various reasons for 100% disk usage.

Disk usage can be 100% if Windows is performing some task, but these are only for short periods, and there is nothing to worry about it. But, if there is 100% disk usage consistently, then you need to locate the issue.

So, the question is, is it being consistent, or occurring for only a short period of time?

Also, you are using a desktop or a laptop? Problem with laptops is that there is so much stuff loaded on by the maker of the laptop... like if it's Sony, then there will be several Sony software on the laptop already installed, some of which are unnecessary, and just eat up space and RAM. Uninstalling these software can have quite an impact on system resources. So, if there are such unnecessary software, you should uninstall them.

Superfetch can be a cause for 100% disk usage, but as said in this article, disabling it won't have much effect. Anyways, from reading it, it seems like superfetch will cause such issue if the user is using a lot of software, and which are open most of the time. So, again, do you run a lot of software?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3034038/superfetch-causing-massive-disk-usage.html

So, it comes down to locating the issue first, and then act accordingly, rather than just doing stuff randomly. Approach the problem logically. You might have to research stuff, but you will learn in the process.

yes its a dell laptop, however i had uninstalled most unwanted apps. uninstalling malware bytes as well and will try this disable superfetch soon and update u all.

@CapriAnupam im using win 8.1 not 10 .

yes its a dell laptop, however i had uninstalled most unwanted apps. uninstalling malware bytes as well and will try this disable superfetch soon and update u all.

@CapriAnupam im using win 8.1 not 10 .

In your first post of this thread, you posted it is a Windows 10 64-bit system.

Why did you uninstall MBAM? Before uninstalling it, did you run a scan with it to check for malware? You should uninstall Spybot too.

In your first post of this thread, you posted it is a Windows 10 64-bit system.

Why did you uninstall MBAM? Before uninstalling it, did you run a scan with it to check for malware? You should uninstall Spybot too.
my mistake in first post. later i posted its win 8 but forgot to correct it. yes now i uninstalled malwarebytes too after a quick scan,

I had this problem. There were a few causes: viruses, antiviruses, Google Chrome and just the fact that my computer could not properly work with Windows 10. I installed Windows 7 which was on my laptop when I bought it and it works ok now.

You can quickly solve windows 10 high CPU usage problem by disabling certain useless processes and features which are not needed at all.
So here is the process I use to solve my high CPU problem by squeezing these settings.
Disable Useless notifications.
Step 1: - Press Windows key + I to open system control panel. Click on the system.
Step 2 – Now, click on Notifications & actions in the left menu.
There is an option on the right side, saying show me tips about windows. Turn it off.
Adjust system for best performance
Step 1: – Search view advanced system settings in start menu search box.
Step 2: – Now, click on view advanced system settings.
Step 3: – Now, choose to adjust for best performance. Finally, choose to apply and then click ok. Finally, restart your PC.
Disable Background apps running on windows 10
Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Background apps and turn all of them off.
Update Outdated drivers
Sometimes this may also be the cause.
Read more the article, if the problem does not solve https://www.itechgyan.com/service-host-superfetch-high-cpu/

He is talking of disk usage not cpu. At least read the topic properly before trashing your promotion.

With more ram added the lag is barely there now, i had disabed superfetch and a few services after i read replies here. Computer now works normally though im sure a SSD will make it rock!

I had this problem. There were a few causes: viruses, antiviruses, Google Chrome and just the fact that my computer could not properly work with Windows 10. I installed Windows 7 which was on my laptop when I bought it and it works ok now.

Just got a spam PM from this user (reported it).

Back