12 Core 24 Thread Dell T7500 Precision Workstation Build

Storm-Chaser

Recruit
Dell Precision T7500...I couldn't help myself. It was only $109, so I pulled the trigger. Two sockets, LGA 1366. 24GB TRIPLE CHANNEL DDR3 @ 1333MHz (9-9-9-24). Active cooling on the RAM, just like the HP z820.

RAM will remain unchanged. That comes out to 12 DIMMS at 2GB a piece for a total of 24GB in 6 channel mode CR1. I think this is the max speed supported by this platform. But the timings could be better.

CPUs - currently it has two X5650s that run stock at 2.67GHz and turbo to about 3.0GHz under most benchmarks.

The CPUs will be upgraded today to TWO X5690s. These are 130 W processors that run stock at 3.4GHz and turbo to 3.7GHz. So we will have twelve cores and 24 threads.

A little CPU trivia ... does anyone know what processor in this family is rated higher than x5690? There's only one....

EDIT: THESE BENCHMARKS ARE A BASELINE RUN WITH THE SYSTEM IN STOCK FORM, EXACTLY THE WAY I RECEIVED IT.

STOCK BENCHMARKS / INFO:
CB R15:

CBR-15.png

CB R 20:

CBR-20.png

CB R 15 Extreme:
CBR-EX-15.png

stock-cpu-z-1.png

stock-cpuz.png

Great price! How was the cabinet condition? Indian prices are atrocious. I think the same one with 32gb ram is listed at rupees 30k at the server cart website. And I think that's with single xeon processor. Was the graphics card part of the package?

I think OP is from overseas.
You can easily get old dell desktop systems (just cpu) for less than $100 in US.
Quick search on ebay.com and craigslist will give you a rough idea of the price of above system.

Nice, where did you procure it from?
You can find many of these combos in Nehru Place (Delhi), Olx (check for Server Components) - there are many sellers who sell server components.

Check with these or similar person

Last edited:
Back