12" netbook/notebook under 22k?

4m!7

Adept
Was thinking of buying a netbook went to nehru place today and saw few of them, they were so fu@$in' small. . I was really disappointed by the screen.

Now I am looking for a 12' notebook/netbook(prefered(more battery)).
Useage is net browsing and viewing dvd-rips.

What are the options I got?
Budget is restricted to 22k

Re: 12' netbook/notebook under 22k?

We've a deal of the week item from ebay that suits your requirements and also includes HDMI port and well within your budget but only has about 4hr battery backup. Check it out.

eBay India: MSI Ultra Slim 12" Laptop - Wind U210 - 2 Yr Warranty (item 260550252977 end time 17-Feb-2010 08:00:00 IST)

On the other hand, you can also get a full fledged 14" laptop for your budget which is again from MSI.

eBay India: MSI CR400X Notebook Laptop @ Price Of Netbook ! (item 280460364606 end time 05-Mar-2010 18:11:22 IST)

try msi x340 (x-slim series) looked nice when i saw it in tata croma, should be within your budget too...

I had been looking for netbooks also the past couple of days. Visited Nehru Place a couple of times. I too felt that the 10" screen is way too small. I called up the Asus guy he told me that Asus Seashell 1201N would be available soon and would cost around 23,400 rupees.

Now, I researched a lot about the utility of buying a netbook. Everybody agrees that a netbook is weak and can only handle so much of processing. This also applies to the 1201N although it is slightly better.

So, what did I do today?

I bought a Toshiba L510 for Rs 26,000 (inclusive of taxes, using credit card).

14" Screen, 1GB Ram, Intel T4400, 250 GB hard disk

Basically, the configurations are pretty similar to a netbook's but with a bigger screen and more processing power (less battery life though). I could have upgraded the RAM also (slot is available) but as I'll be installing ubuntu, it'll not be a major problem for me I guess.

You can also buy Acer (Don't remember the model number) but the configuration was as follows:-

14" Backlit LED
250 GB harddisk
3 GB DDR3
3 USB ports
HDMI, Card reader, wifi, etc
Cost: 27,500 at Acer Exclusive Store in Nehru Place.

My intention for buying a netbook was to save money (Requirements: surfing, office, skype, etc). I feel the Toshiba or Acer model serves me better than a netbook (it's just too small).

Advice: Please assess your needs completely and then go in for a machine.

@vishalrao (#4)

The x340 costs something like 29k. I can easily get a i3 powered at this price point.Though it is One hell of a looker. At some places they Call it "The Unemployed man's Macbook Air" :p

I am Looking for Asus or Samsung. Any 12'' offering from them?

doh. x340 for 29k? i wonder if i saw a cut down model then at tata croma for rs 23k... anyways then i3 is good.. its the same CULV dualcore processor just rebranded i believe :D

x340 was available on ebay for 19.9k...for limited time

now @ Croma 23k (was 24+) ...someone selling it for 29k is just ripoff

MSI wind u230 for 23k!(Enquired this from a fellow member) Has ATI HD3200 as onboard so HD and little gaming can also be taken care of!!

Back