Storage Solutions 120GB SSD Error

HSTune-120SSD.JPG
HSTune-120SSD.JPG

Hello Members,
What is this error ?
Shall I continue to Use ?
It is just one month Old.

Is it a Crucial BX500 SSD? I would not worry about that reading, it can be misleading.

Try to scan using any tool available directly from crucial website (if available?)...
Post automatically merged:

Try "Crystal Disk Info" tool and see what it shows?

Last edited:
I don't have the same SSD model but the temperature reading seems a bit odd. The current temp is 60C whereas the worst temp recorded is 29C.

Is the SSD located in a hotspot assuming its a desktop we are talking about here?

I
View attachment 84392View attachment 84392

Hello Members,
What is this error ?
Shall I continue to Use ?
It is just one month Old.
Is the error one month old or the ssd?
Try relocating the ssd near a case fan and also try with another sata cable.
Post the results after a day or two.
Also, make sure to uninstall hdtune completely by deleting the program files installation folder as well, as reinstalling will refer to the relative files created earlier which dont get deleted after uninstalling.
Best way is to try crystaldisk and even HDsentinel.

Last edited:
for anyone wondering these are called S.M.A.R.T counters. used to determine if the drives are failing before they fail. in this case, the SSD is overheating all the time. my advice is backup stuff on that drive before it dies.

I don't have the same SSD model but the temperature reading seems a bit odd. The current temp is 60C whereas the worst temp recorded is 29C.

Is the SSD located in a hotspot assuming its a desktop we are talking about here?

I read on some site not to take those readings for granted because most HDD manufacturers don't have a common standard for showing such data. These data points are made for their HDD onboard smart tools. If the HDD smart says it's okay, then the disk is okay.

These software are just an approximation for the life of HDD. That worst temperature probably relates to something else. What is important here is the threshold value which is 50. If the temp (or any other value) exceeds that value, then there's something going on. Here it is overheating, so maybe it's in a laptop and needs better ventilation. If it's in a desktop and hitting 60 in winter, wonder what temps it will hit in summer.

Back