PC Peripherals 140mm silent case fans - Which ones and where to buy from?

Arya

Adept
I am looking to buy 3-4 140mm case fans for my new case. I checked Amazon, mdcomputers, itdepot and primeabgb. Either fans are too expensive or they have LEDs. Don't we get normal fans anymore? Noctua fans are super expensive. Don't remember it being this expensive.

Preferred price would be around 1000 rs. Is there any new site where I can find modding supplies?

Thank you! It is a good deal indeed. I looked at it and thought huh, even coolermaster is selling this expensive fans. Didn't see the 4 pack. I would have preferred 140mm fans if those we cheaper. Will probably get this pack.

This is a 3 pin fan and not a 4 pin and will not support PWM. You can still control the fan speed by changing the speed control mode to DC mode in Bios.

If you are not restricted to 140mm mount points, I would recommend to go for 140mm fans with 120mm mount points. I just use the fans that come with large heatsinks like teh Cryorig R1, Noctua NH-D15, etc. They allow the options to mount at multiple places that have only 120mm mount points. Also cooler bundled fans have higher PWM range for extra voltage and rpm control.I mod the left over heat sink on to the GPU for MUCH better cooling than the default 2 slot coolers.

Hope it helps.

@Karthik G I eventually got 2 Deepcool 140mm fans with 120mm mount points. However these came with silicone mounting appendage in place of screws. I am not sure if it will hold in longer run. Fans run super quiet but I am not sure how much air they move.

Ordered 5 pack Arctic P14 PWM fans as well. But they haven't arrived a month later. Probably dropshipped from china.

I have to put these in two cases so I was hoping the fans were cheaper. I can wait for some time if better options will be available later this year. Thanks to rains temps are down right now. I saw these two options. Which one works better for a NAS?

AAO frame is for directing air, more like the silverstone air penetrators.
My recommendation with fans, always try to have in pull configuration than pull, since it is more efficient and used by air conditioners, large building cooling, etc. They benefit from avoiding dust build up too. If you have the option to set up as push pull, then fine. If not, I would recommend to have Pull configuration.
I have that setup in my HAF X cabinet for the past decade. 2x200m fans pulling all the heat out all the time. hence the life of most components are nearing a decade and still functioning fine. Same case with the chipset cooling. I just zip tie a AMD cooler fan to the chipset for active cooling even before Asus Sabertooth came up with it ;)

universal rule - the cooler a computing hardware is kept, the longer its life.

Back