Windows 1440p on Netflix App Windows 10

Hey Guys,

Recently realized that I'm just streaming Netflix on PC at HD and not native 1440p ? I'm using a 1440p monitor connected to a RTX 2070 via Display port cable , DP set to 1.4

Some forums are recommending installing the HEVC codec from MS store, any idea if that's relevant ?

I've run out of things that could have gone wrong. Need help.

Hey Guys,

Recently realized that I'm just streaming Netflix on PC at HD and not native 1440p ? I'm using a 1440p monitor connected to a RTX 2070 via Display port cable , DP set to 1.4

Some forums are recommending installing the HEVC codec from MS store, any idea if that's relevant ?

I've run out of things that could have gone wrong. Need help.
Some oddball Netflix titles are not cached locally in India and they never scale up to 4K in my case e.g. Versailles.

Check www.fast.com when you are seeing low resolution with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D on the Netflix app.
Thats Netflix's own speed test site and should show you the speed you are getting wrt nearest Netflix CDN servers.
BTW that key combo will also show you the throughput in M/Kbps that you're getting.

Check with a popular series e.g. Our Planet and with that key combo see if it scales up to 1440p after a few minutes.

But anyways the Windows 10 app is crap. Netflix really should have youtube-esque resolution selection option.

Some oddball Netflix titles are not cached locally in India and they never scale up to 4K in my case e.g. Versailles.

Check www.fast.com when you are seeing low resolution with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D on the Netflix app.
Thats Netflix's own speed test site and should show you the speed you are getting wrt nearest Netflix CDN servers.
BTW that key combo will also show you the throughput in M/Kbps that you're getting.

Check with a popular series e.g. Our Planet and with that key combo see if it scales up to 1440p after a few minutes.

But anyways the Windows 10 app is crap. Netflix really should have youtube-esque resolution selection option.

Using the Win 10 app from MS Store. Also connection isn't a problem, runs absolutely fine at 4k on my PS4 Pro via WiFi. PC infact is wired and fast.com says 85mbps so basically not internet.

Need to hear from someone who has it running at 1440p or 4k on their PC.

Is downloading the HEVC codec from the MS store is a must have now ? And it's paid :/

Thanks. It's paid (since 2019), so I guess this is the only way like I said HEVC codec from Microsoft store.

Any idea if PayPal works on MS store ?

I don't understand what you saw. What is paid? I see it as free in my browser.

Instead of buying the HEVC Video Extensions item from the Windows Store, grab this instead: “HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer.”

free-hevc.png

btw, if you search Netflix site they recommend to install the above extension to get 1440p playback on Windows 10.

That Microsoft ink in their page goes to the same page in the screenshot.

Didn't realize there was a free link to that too, because i searched the codec on the store and there it said paid. But going through that link made it free.

Super weird. Apologies on confusion.

Back