1st COPY CLOTHES - Whats the story behind this ?

Charun

Skilled
Now we all have heard about 1st copy clothes and i hope many of them have even buy 1st copy clothes

I want to know how do these guyz get these clothes from and how much do they cost them ? asking just for information

sometimes they do have very good collection and i have bought it from these shops many times.

A friend was thinking of investing some extra money [BLACK ; his parents doesnt know about this - and no this money aint from drugs and all :p]

Is is good investing some money in these kinda stuffs ?

Anyone has knowledge or owns such kind of shop ? And i am waiting for the RITE person to reply :D

You do know it is illegal to sell clothes with copyrighted designs/motifs without consent from the original party? Theoretically though you could buy a cloth printing machine and print whatever you want on clothes and sell them.

manu1991 said:
You do know it is illegal to sell clothes with copyrighted designs/motifs without consent from the original party? Theoretically though you could buy a cloth printing machine and print whatever you want on clothes and sell them.
I do know that its illegal but that doesnt affect in India

the shop which i bought from is a Police Station's neighbour.

dude thr are many shops which sell these kinda cloths in mumbai...but they do have some high connections in customs(most of stock they get are from Bangkok)and police...its not easy to put up such a shop..u need to have contacts(dealers), so that u get at a good price and make some profits.

intacto said:
dude thr are many shops which sell these kinda cloths in mumbai...but they do have some high connections in customs(most of stock they get are from Bangkok)and police...its not easy to put up such a shop..u need to have contacts(dealers), so that u get at a good price and make some profits.
thats what i am asking for dude :)

Gurgaon has this huge market in DLF Phase-1 that stocks clothes from customs. They are very much like original only if you know how to check them for quality and where to get them.

A few days back, I got a US Polo shirt for Rs. 450! I have had original US Polo apparel too so I know that this shirt wasn't just a copy. Call me cheap but how cool is that!

kippu said:
what is first copy clothes

First copy clothes afaik are exact copy of the originals and they are dirt cheap as compared to the OG ones
irfanlai said:
Where in Mumbai can I get 1st copy clothes n shoes.....Need to buy and try....

which area are you from ?

i can suggest you places from kandivali- andheri
btw still the main solution of the topic isnt solved :)

Which places in Kandivali-Andheri do you know of?

Are you talking about proper shops or those roadside sellers on the streets? In Andheri you find those people selling branded clothes, bags, shoes etc. Difficult to trust them, but the stuff does look genuine.

Also, what about Colaba causeway? Is that stuff also first-copy?

not sure what u mean by 1st copy. i consider them to be export surplus/ rejects.
anyways u can try Clothes Rack bandra, vile parle, andheri etc./ Orange Blossom bandra/ Hues bandra. there are shops is lokhandwala as well.

irfanlai said:
I stay at Mira road and office at Andheri...so traveling no issues....Just tell the places n shop name....
ygpm

yogeshtulsiani said:
not sure what u mean by 1st copy. i consider them to be export surplus/ rejects.

anyways u can try Clothes Rack bandra, vile parle, andheri etc./ Orange Blossom bandra/ Hues bandra. there are shops is lokhandwala as well.

those shops maybe selling these kinds of clothes but they are not cheap at all
princeoo7 said:
can we get it on fashion streets :/

i doubt,never bought from there

I remember a friend and I went to a game store to get PS2 controllers. We asked the store guy if the controllers he was showing us were originals and he says, 'Nahi sir, but they are 2nd Orignial!'.

2nd Original = 1st Copy = Selling pirated DVDs off Lamington road station.

There are two ways these "1st Copies" are made.

1) A lot of clothes for international brands are Made in India. If the foreign brand places an order for 100 shirts, the local company makes 150 shirts to the same specifications. 100 are sent abroad to get the label. 50 are sold locally with fake logo. A lot of big showrooms in India sell these as the original brand, there is almost no way to tell the difference. Buying these might make sense if you get them cheaper, as the only reason to buy brand names if for mfg quality. Even a lot of lower end computer parts are made and sold this way.

2) Straight knockoffs that just look like the original. Completely useless.

Like I said, buying fakes of the first type might make sense, of the second type, no.

As far as investing in these "ventures", I would stay far away.

whatsinaname said:
1) A lot of clothes for international brands are Made in India. If the foreign brand places an order for 100 shirts, the local company makes 150 shirts to the same specifications. 100 are sent abroad to get the label. 50 are sold locally with fake logo. A lot of big showrooms in India sell these as the original brand, there is almost no way to tell the difference. Buying these might make sense if you get them cheaper, as the only reason to buy brand names if for mfg quality. Even a lot of lower end computer parts are made and sold this way.
Exactly although I've heard this with China replaced by India.The manufacturers get orders and follow through with it but then have the workers work overtime and produce the extra stuff which is exactly the same.Only difference is that the overtime stuff won't go through the stringent quality control that the original stuff does so it is a hit or miss when you're buying such stuff.I'm not sure if such a market exists at all anywhere in India. Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia,Thailand et al are the place to go for such stuff.

Arihant.EXE said:
Gurgaon has this huge market in DLF Phase-1 that stocks clothes from customs. They are very much like original only if you know how to check them for quality and where to get them.

A few days back, I got a US Polo shirt for Rs. 450! I have had original US Polo apparel too so I know that this shirt wasn't just a copy. Call me cheap but how cool is that!
Damn. That's sweet.
Could you tell me the exact location via PM or any other shops you are aware of in Delhi or GGN?

it is available in tiruppur ...all the tee shirts , export rejects / surplus ,unbelievable prices , but you have to hunt around there

Back