Audio 2.0 speakers comparable to 2.1 Logitech Z623

ajish65

Adept
Hello,

Need recommendations for wireless 2.0 speakers for my PC. Currently have a Logitech Z623 2.1 system, and want to save some space on my desk so looking for compact 2.0s. Hoping for comparable sound to current speakers.

Max budget 10K.

Thanks.

EDIT: Need wireless speakers if possible.

Last edited:
At your budget you might get the sound clarity, but might not get the bass in a 2.0 system.

I strongly recommend what I'm using. Get a 1000watt or similar deck. Second hand obviously. I am using a 20 yr old system that my dad had bought for himself, Panasonic and it's amazing.

Don't get a cheap active speaker, it's a waste of money.

Decent ones are 15k upwards

might not get the bass in a 2.0 system

Yeah this is what I feared as well. A deck would be too big for my desk. I wanna try save some space not take up more of it. :D

Heard good things about the Audioengine A2+ but they are way too expensive here. But looking for something similar in size to those.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah this is what I feared as well. A deck would be too big for my desk. I wanna try save some space not take up more of it. :D

Heard good things about the Audioengine A2+ but they are way too expensive here. But looking for something similar in size to those.

Thanks for your reply.
A2+ is good. Klipsch and sonodyne too have offerings similar to the A2. But these are at a different level. Look at swans mk2, see if you can get your hands on a used pair.

Hello,

Need recommendations for wireless 2.0 speakers for my PC. Currently have a Logitech Z623 2.1 system, and want to save some space on my desk so looking for compact 2.0s. Hoping for comparable sound to current speakers.

Max budget 10K.

Thanks.

EDIT: Need wireless speakers if possible.

I am sorry if this sounds stupid, but how is a 2.0 system going to save space on your desk if you can put your current sub woofer on the floor?

I, too, would suggest the Audioengine A2+ as I own them personally, but they're way too expensive here, so you could try sourcing them from abroad like I did.

Another recommendation would be either the Creative Gigaworks T20 (9k) or T40 (12.5k) depending on your budget. I really liked the T20 series II and they seem to fit your need.

Last edited:
try sourcing them from abroad like I did.

How did you source them? Newegg? The Gigaworks were something I was considering as well. Especially since one of the newer ones (can't remember the model) comes with built-in Bluetooth.

Thanks for your time.

How did you source them? Newegg? The Gigaworks were something I was considering as well. Especially since one of the newer ones (can't remember the model) comes with built-in Bluetooth.

Thanks for your time.

No problem at all. I actually bought them myself in the US when I was abroad and brought them back, they were very reasonably priced then, believe I bought them for around $200. The list price on Amazon.com is currently $250 and it does have global shipping to India, but you'll probably end up paying too much to ship + clear customs. It may be worth it if you really want solid sounding speakers (I swear by them), but I also think you can't go wrong with a Gigaworks for their price.

Honestly, I think the Gigaworks is a really good buy, they sound very good and they're very affordable.

The list price on Amazon.com is currently $250

Yeah man the US pricing is very decent on those. Don't understand why they're more than 3 times the cost here.[DOUBLEPOST=1510248715][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the Gigaworks is a really good buy

What's your opinion on the Mackie CR4s? Not sure about the difference between reference monitors and dedicated speakers...

Last edited:
Yeah man the US pricing is very decent on those. Don't understand why they're more than 3 times the cost here.[DOUBLEPOST=1510248715][/DOUBLEPOST]

What's your opinion on the Mackie CR4s? Not sure about the difference between reference monitors and dedicated speakers...

I plan on getting those someday, they're supposedly really great and I happen to know someone who owns them so maybe I'll check them out.

The difference between monitors and regular desktop speakers is that regular ones are typically plug and play and you're good to go. They plug into computers, phones, ipods, tvs, etc. via 3.5mm or RCA audio or such and play a... tweaked version of music and such. They're tailored to enhance music to sound more pleasing to the casual listener (think equalizer) by messing a little with highs and lows. Now this isn't bad, and a lot of good speakers do this, but what the top end ones usually have in common with monitors is the fact that they are designed to sound true and neutral (think flat equalizer). This allows them to listen to the recordings in true sound, imperfections and all (if any). In addition to this, monitors usually need to be driven by an amplifier (unless described as self-powered) and are noticeably more powerful. So you probably don't want a monitor unless you can afford space for an amp as well.

true sound, imperfections and all (if any)

Honestly this sounds very interesting but I think I would like to experience this before investing in a monitor. I believe the CR4s are self-powered, right? If they're not, then no point even thinking, as the monitors themselves are quite large as well. Won't have space for an amp too.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain all this, man. Really appreciate it.

What did you end up getting ? Any recommendations at 15k or above price point for loud, bassy speakers for gaming and movies (not into pure music)

What did you end up getting ? Any recommendations at 15k or above price point for loud, bassy speakers for gaming and movies (not into pure music)

Haven't bought anything yet as some other things came up. However have more or less settled on the Mackie CR4BT studio monitors. And sorry, no idea about that range of speakers.

Back