2.1 Speaker system under 1.5k

Moreover X 210 has 30W rms, whereas AL 2.1 BXR 1121 has 15 rms and both are almost similar priced.

X-210 seems more vfm with its neodymium drivers, control pods with good enudf features, and not to mention its sexy looks.

Actually I know I'll get flamed for this, but I must inform you that Digit has rated Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200 as an excellent 2.1 under Rs.1500. I haven't heard em but they are definitely better than my Altec Lansing BXR 1121 as the review stated. My friend has one has he was impressed about the sound from a Rs.1500 speaker, though since he's an audiophile and is used to high-end earphones, said that "clarity" u can forget about in all the class of these speakers. The word "Clarity" means quite different to audiophiles by the way.

Normally I wouldn't even look at UMAX products but this seems to be good. "Seem" being the operative word

But do forget about Creative SBS series they aren't that good. Yes they are decent but Logitech and Altec are better. Sorry cannot confirm with reviews on these.

This is what I could gather about UMAX UPB 3200 "Its a 2.1 Speaker system with 30 Watts of output and Frequency response of 30Hz - 18 KHz. The Subwoofer is an 8.5 inch wooden cube with 5-inch driver enclosed within. Result: A warmer bass and clearer highs and mids." from the digit forums discussing it, same topic there.

I've heard Digit does do cheap things like favour some companies, could be true currently or in the past, but I don't know.

Can anyone please share light on the UMAX speakers please? Preferably those who've tested it themselves.

---------woah everyone hold ur horses---------

Here is a review from CHIp regarding UMAX UBP 3200 and they rate it good. I know the CHIP boys and they are trusted enough

Here is the review + 2 others for 2.1 only. The Umax got good VFM award.

Review Summary

Upon recalling our past experience with the Umax UPB 3200, we thought it would again lose out to its counterparts. However, it was quite surprising to find it perform much better than the models by some of the top brands. It seems that Umax has used better quality drivers and improved crossovers for frequency distribution which has resulted in much warmer bass and clearer highs and mids. The UPB 3200 is designed keeping the comfort of the user in mind—we liked the inclusion of control pod which has controls for adjusting the bass and volume, and provides users with a headphone jack as well. The subwoofer is an 8.5-inch wooden cube with a 5-inch driver enclosed within. The satellites feature a single 3-inch driver which is protected by a cloth grille, and connect to the subwoofer using detachable cables.

The UPB 3200 isn’t meant for those who get a kick out of excessive sound levels. At a total rated output of 30 watts, the speakers are just loud enough for personal entertainment.

For: Excellent performance for the price.

Against: Average build quality.

UMAX and iball might be good, but as per my experience with their headphones, they dun sound same after one year. Their qualit deteriorate by age much more than branded ones like logitech, creative and AL.

whereas my old philips SHP1900 headphones sounds as good as new even aftr 3 yrs of rough usage.

I have 3 dead intex speakers , which have too crappy volume controls and buttons. They just stop working if u use them frequently for 6 months.

dOm1naTOr said:
UMAX and iball might be good, but as per my experience with their headphones, they dun sound same after one year. Their qualit deteriorate by age much more than branded ones like logitech, creative and AL.

whereas my old philips SHP1900 headphones sounds as good as new even aftr 3 yrs of rough usage.

I have 3 dead intex speakers , which have too crappy volume controls and buttons. They just stop working if u use them frequently for 6 months.

Ahh may be true. Long standing wise, these companies may suck to high heavens. One thing I can confirm after using Altec Lansing BXR 1121 after more than 1.5years is that the build quality is quite good for under Rs.1500. The prob I've encountered is that BXR 1121 volume control is making a sound when turning the knob, but this can be expected even from higher end equipment. Knobs etc always gather dust, which can be cleaned with WD 40.

Regarding headphones, I've used Philips SHP1000 day in and out for more than 2years, bought for Rs.1000. I changed coz I started consciously noticing sound quality getting muddled over usage, besides these are not high quality headphones or anything, these are cheap but yet efficient pair by philips.

For around Rs.1500 for headphones and speakers, don't expect really good Clarity please. If you compare then you will not like this class of equipment. However, for price VS performance, yup VFM buy the are! I'm referring to not only headphones but also speakers

dOm1naTOr said:
Moreover X 210 has 30W rms, whereas AL 2.1 BXR 1121 has 15 rms and both are almost similar priced.
X-210 seems more vfm with its neodymium drivers, control pods with good enudf features, and not to mention its sexy looks.

X-210 on the website is the same thing they started shipping about 8 months ago, no remodeling done. The wired controller has no extra features. It has a 3.5mm HP jack and no Aux in. An overall volume wheel and an ON/OFF button, thats all. And the volume wheel wont control the HP output volume.

---

IMO get AL BXR1121 if you are using it for more Music playback than gaming, and if you care more about mids and highs than bass. Bass is not bad either, but only 15W RMS and 30W at peak. But reasonable for its price(1.2k) with Bass and Treble controls, and 3.5mm jack + Aux-in(iPod/PMP cradle is free too, so you can place it near the satellite with Aux-in in style).

Plus points for X-210 : Good Bass, mids and highs not bad either. Neodymium drivers with 25W RMS and 50W at peak. Price : 1.3k-1.4k.

@thetoxicmind
which Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers are you refering to??? is it Altec BXR1121???

i don wanna go for creative speakers, this are only good for there dhuufff dhuufff feature... i had creative SBS 2.1 speakers earlier and now also i have Creative M4500 speakers both these speakers are only good for games, but when it comes for music and movies they do not perform well...

@nikrusty
when did your friend buy Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200, is it still performing same as how it use to perform earlier???

i think i must not go for iball or Umax kind of brands coz mostly there quality of sound goes down as the days pass and also the build quality will not be so good when compared to Altec, Logitech, Creative and so on...

i have seen some good reviews on Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200...
can anyone please put light on Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200, mostly i'm looking for the comment from the guys who have personally used other than those paper reviews...

if Altec BXR1121 is not available in the market, then why is everyone recommending it???
i had heard one more Altec model which performs very well for almost a price tag of 2k... does anyone know about it...

and i'm mainly looking for clear and crisp kind of sound while music and clear voice quality while playing movies, other than those dhuuff dhuuff sound from the woofer...

hot zubs said:
@nikrusty

when did your friend buy Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200, is it still performing same as how it use to perform earlier???

i have seen some good reviews on Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200...

can anyone please put light on Umax Powerbeats UPB 3200, mostly i'm looking for the comment from the guys who have personally used other than those paper reviews...

and i'm mainly looking for clear and crisp kind of sound while music and clear voice quality while playing movies, other than those dhuuff dhuuff sound from the woofer...

Will check with my friend and listen to some tracks and compare...however nothing like listening to it yourself. Unfortunately sellers won't let you demo and also Sound is SUBJECTIVE!

I'm in Mumbai and don't mind if you come over and check out the sound, get music you know best! You can listen to my Altec Lansing BXR 1121 and the UMAX UPB 3200 at my friends place.

Back