2* Win 8 keys for 900 bucks from Dreamspark

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem with metro ui is that there no time .,battery, and WiFi signal indicator across the ui
You have to use right charm or win +c key to knows time when you are using a metro ui app., which is really annoying.
Microsoft might have lost its mind
Even cell phones shows time and battery all times.
To close an app in Metro ui., we have drag from top to bottom., sometimes with mouse /touch pad it's really a pain
How they find alternatives for this two issues

Metro ui quietly sinking to me., but it's still annoying

Ask a friend to make you a virtual CC for Rs 700/-
Both people are risk free

Sorry, I am a total noob when it comes to financial things. What is a virual CC exactly?

I guess I can borrow my friend's credit card and make the payment with his, but I am not all that comfortable doing it. Ideal situation would be if someone can send me cash by PayPal (and I pay them by NEFT) but I don't know anyone with a PayPal account.

I don't mind paying the extra cash and getting the boxed retail version, which would be ~Rs. 3500. But the problem is the damn thing is not available in India! And there's no news of it either.

One problem with metro ui is that there no time .,battery, and WiFi signal indicator across the ui
You have to use right charm or win +c key to knows time when you are using a metro ui app., which is really annoying.
Microsoft might have lost its mind
Even cell phones shows time and battery all times.
To close an app in Metro ui., we have drag from top to bottom., sometimes with mouse /touch pad it's really a pain
How they find alternatives for this two issues

Metro ui quietly sinking to me., but it's still annoying

I was missing it too intially, but now I can't believe those things were sitting there just wasting space. How often do you look at time or battery? Definitely not all the time. You will get used to it, unless you have time looking OCD. (In which case, stick to the Desktop)

About closing, there are many many ways to do it. Alt+F4 as usual. In the task switcher on the left, right-click and Close, or just middle click on the app you want to close. Pretty simply stuff. Of course in Metro you don't have to close the app. Windows automatically suspends them so they use no resources. And they are brought back to life instantly when you choose to them. There's one reason to close them of course, and that is if you have lots of apps open on Desktop and are Alt+Tabbing between them, then you want to streamline the list.

Metro UI learning curve is very steep. I haven't installed Windows 8 yet. I will be installing it on my laptop tonight :) Hope everything goes well.

Sorry, I am a total noob when it comes to financial things. What is a virual CC exactly?

I guess I can borrow my friend's credit card and make the payment with his, but I am not all that comfortable doing it. Ideal situation would be if someone can send me cash by PayPal (and I pay them by NEFT) but I don't know anyone with a PayPal account.

I don't mind paying the extra cash and getting the boxed retail version, which would be ~Rs. 3500. But the problem is the damn thing is not available in India! And there's no news of it either.

I was missing it too intially, but now I can't believe those things were sitting there just wasting space. How often do you look at time or battery? Definitely not all the time. You will get used to it, unless you have time looking OCD. (In which case, stick to the Desktop)

About closing, there are many many ways to do it. Alt+F4 as usual. In the task switcher on the left, right-click and Close, or just middle click on the app you want to close. Pretty simply stuff. Of course in Metro you don't have to close the app. Windows automatically suspends them so they use no resources. And they are brought back to life instantly when you choose to them. There's one reason to close them of course, and that is if you have lots of apps open on Desktop and are Alt+Tabbing between them, then you want to streamline the list.

Virtual cc is virtual credit card created from a debit card or credit card
It gives you a card number .code and expiry date.
It's valid for single purchase and it had to be used in 24 hrs or 48 hrs depending upon back.
Your original card remains unexposed in internet
If really need vcc pm me I can help you

When time is not there across ui sometimes you will lost in using app or in browsing.
Like leaving from home for some work on schedule.
There should be time display always.even if you are not time looking ocd type.
I was searching all web store for an app which could get me time across ui., but all i got is a live tile with time.right now I have to satisfy with it.till Microsoft CEO misses some important board meeting while learning metro ui and realises that his team made a great mistake omitting time

Metro UI learning curve is very steep. I haven't installed Windows 8 yet. I will be installing it on my laptop tonight :) Hope everything goes well.

It is not the Metro UI learning curve that is steep - it is literally just grasping one concept and learning 5 or 6 gestures.

What is very steep is unlearning decades of standard WIMP style interface usage.

It is not the Metro UI learning curve that is steep - it is literally just grasping one concept and learning 5 or 6 gestures.

What is very steep is unlearning decades of standard WIMP style interface usage.

Well, it's not about learning couple of gestures. We all have been running totally different environment since a decade or more. Windows 8 brings something different, users might find it annoying for first few days. They will get used to it of course :)

kCPAf.jpg

I've downloaded the copy using the Windows 8 upgrade assistant and created the ISO. Here is the checksum for it.

Code:
ef7c4de0e56bf892393da3dfbf74dd57

Bought a Windows 8 key through the upgrade assistant for Rs 1,999/-:ashamed:
Saw the 699 offer/glitch...Too late...:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Your wish , you could have got that for 699 also
lol.. how the hell was it his wish.. :D
- - - Updated - - -

i plan to buy a pc in december..
should i use up the win 8 699 offer now and download the iso and use it in dec or can i wait? there is the risk of this loophole getting fixed.

lol.. how the hell was it his wish.. :D
- - - Updated - - -

i plan to buy a pc in december..
should i use up the win 8 699 offer now and download the iso and use it in dec or can i wait? there is the risk of this loophole getting fixed.
It was his decision to buy it for 1999 and not 699 or somebody forced him and made him buy for 1999 . Its not a loophole , MS has deliberately left it open and as even websites have tried to contact MS on this there has been no response from them .
Its a deliberate ploy to make people buy genuine license and use metro UI
Buy the license and download the iso why wait ?

@kududu I've signed up for ACM. After the mail arrives, I'll opt in for Dreamspark. But do I need to create a web account?

It was his decision to buy it for 1999 and not 699 or somebody forced him and made him buy for 1999 . Its not a loophole , MS has deliberately left it open and as even websites have tried to contact MS on this there has been no response from them .
Its a deliberate ploy to make people buy genuine license and use metro UI
Buy the license and download the iso why wait ?
What i meant was that he dont know about 699. It was not his wish. he just didnt know. otherwise he would have gone for 699.

the problem is the pc i like is a laptop with dos.
If in dec i like a different laptop which already has win8 on it then what?
on 2nd thoughts it's just a 699 investment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back