2 X MSI GTX 295 1792MB GDDR3 Under Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 X MSI GTX 295 1792MB GDDR3 Under Warranty

Hey guys, selling 2 x MSI GTX 295(Oced) 1792 GDDR3. These cards are powering my workstation at work :p. No OCing or abuse of any kind ever. Cards are in great condition.
Selling these as we're planning to upgrade to 2 x 6990's.

Have the orginal box/packing and will bundle a DVI-VGA adapter. Imported by top notch on July 2009, so warranty is till a minimum of July 2012(maybe way more than that). Will give the exact purchase date and the bill as soon as the accounts department finds it!

Expected price: SOLD
This is the exact model : MSI Global ? Graphics Card - N295GTX-2D1792

MSI Global ? Graphics Card - N295GTX-2D1792

Ethan_Hunt said:
Can I know what's the current equivalent of this card from the latest nVidia line up?

performance wise it should be subjective since it's a dual gpu card and so games with good SLI scaling should yield better results. Technically it should be faster than gtx 560 but in other segments like size, heat, noise and power it lags behind.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ethan_Hunt said:
Holy crap! That's insane. Would a VX450 be able to handle it?

No.....10chars. iirc min rated amps on +12v was 46

Ethan_Hunt said:
Holy crap! That's insane. Would a VX450 be able to handle it?

Nopes would not be able to. You would need a minimal 700W or a tight 650W supply.

It is two GPUs on a PCB. Memory wise GTX260 and shader processor wise GTX280. No Dx11.

Just checked Newegg, these cards only have a year of warranty.

Newegg.com - MSI N295GTX-2D1792 GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I don't know about the second model though, there aren't any specifications provided to check them. Plus, they are imported, so if at all warranty is applicable via extended schemes, one will have to send them out and pay 2 way shipping which is quite a lot. For 1k extra you'll get a GTX460 or for 5k more a GTX 560 Ti which are capable of DirectX11 and perform at lower temps and lower wattage(120 Watts lower!). I wanted the card from a programming point of view since this has 480 CUDA cores, but 560 Ti supports OpenGL 4.1 (2.1 for 295) and CUDA version 2.1 (1.3 for 295). I'll have to read up further to see if the cards are worth the current price.

From a gaming point of view, the lack of DirectX11 is quite a bummer and the high wattage and temps will heat your cabinet like anything especially since it consumes 196Watts at idle load(AnandTech - Bench - 295 - GPU) and upto 407Watts at full load. As WingZero mentioned, this will work great for games with good SLI scaling, It gives good playable fps in most games. Hence, in the long run this card will end up costing quite a lot.

simforgotten said:
Can HX 620 watt corsair handle it? Also, heat is a biiiiiiig issue I guess.

:(

It needsabout of 41-46 amps on a single rail. Yours has 3 rails with 18 amp each which is also shared with other peripherals. So that'll be a NO. GeForce GTX 295 (Nvidia recommendation is at min 680W SMPS).

myth said:
It needsabout of 41-46 amps on a single rail. Yours has 3 rails with 18 amp each which is also shared with other peripherals. So that'll be a NO. GeForce GTX 295 (Nvidia recommendation is at min 680W SMPS).

hx620 can handle it. But not on recommended on heavily oced system with lots of hdds. HX620 can deliver 600w on +12v rail.

It needsabout of 41-46 amps on a single rail. Yours has 3 rails with 18 amp each which is also shared with other peripherals.

HX620...it has a single rail of 52 amps. So no problem.

Using my 620 with 4 HDD's, 1 SSD, 6 fans, OC CPU and GPU...the HX620 is very under-rated.

OP: to drift from the topic...Good luck for the sale....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back